    I'd prefer a switch that's reasonable in price.

    thanks

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Dick Sidbury wrote:
    > I just added HDTV with my local cable company. I have a Sony 4:3 TV
    > with anamorphic squeeze. The TV has 5 inputs, but only one with
    > anamorphic squeeze. I want to use the component input (Y Pb Pr) for
    > both HDTV and my DVD player. Is there a switch box that I can buy to
    > swap or is there a way to plug in the DVD to the Scientific Atlanta
    > Explorer 8000HD.
    >
    > I'd prefer a switch that's reasonable in price.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > dick

    Uh, getting digital cable service is not the same as HDTV. Are you sure
    you have HDTV? And if so, why'd you buy a 4:3 one when HD content is
    natively 16:9?

    --

    "The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what
    a man or woman is able to do that counts."

    --Booker T. Washington

    Grand Inquisitor, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Dick Sidbury

    Biz Guest

    "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > I just added HDTV with my local cable company. I have a Sony 4:3 TV
    > with anamorphic squeeze. The TV has 5 inputs, but only one with
    > anamorphic squeeze. I want to use the component input (Y Pb Pr) for
    > both HDTV and my DVD player. Is there a switch box that I can buy to
    > swap or is there a way to plug in the DVD to the Scientific Atlanta
    > Explorer 8000HD.
    >
    > I'd prefer a switch that's reasonable in price.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > dick

    Just look for a component video switchbox. Available just about everywhere
    tha deals with a/v stuff. Radio Shack sells at least one model as well.

    Biz, Jul 21, 2004
  4. Dick Sidbury

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    > Dick Sidbury wrote:
    >
    >> I just added HDTV with my local cable company. I have a Sony 4:3 TV
    >> with anamorphic squeeze. The TV has 5 inputs, but only one with
    >> anamorphic squeeze. I want to use the component input (Y Pb Pr) for
    >> both HDTV and my DVD player. Is there a switch box that I can buy to
    >> swap or is there a way to plug in the DVD to the Scientific Atlanta
    >> Explorer 8000HD.
    >>
    >> I'd prefer a switch that's reasonable in price.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> dick

    > Uh, getting digital cable service is not the same as HDTV. Are you sure
    > you have HDTV? And if so, why'd you buy a 4:3 one when HD content is
    > natively 16:9?

    I've had Digital cable for a year now. The HD upgrade was added today.
    The TV is a SONY KP HS61 (or something like that) which is a 4:3 set
    with an input that gives an anamorphic squeeze. The DTV has 480p for
    standard and 1080i for wide screen.

    Why did I buy 4:3. Well it's two years old and at the time 2400 was all
    I could afford and real 16:9 was about 4-5k and more.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Dick Sidbury wrote:
    > I've had Digital cable for a year now. The HD upgrade was added today.
    > The TV is a SONY KP HS61 (or something like that) which is a 4:3 set
    > with an input that gives an anamorphic squeeze. The DTV has 480p for
    > standard and 1080i for wide screen.

    The KP-61HS10? Yeah, that's an HD set. Have you had it professionally
    calibrated?

    > Why did I buy 4:3. Well it's two years old and at the time 2400 was all
    > I could afford and real 16:9 was about 4-5k and more.
    >
    > dick

    Geez man, I would have waited til I could afford 16:9, but I'll try not
    to be too hard on you. :p

    Grand Inquisitor, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Dick Sidbury

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Dick Sidbury, says...
    > Why did I buy 4:3. Well it's two years old and at the time 2400 was all
    > I could afford and real 16:9 was about 4-5k and more.

    That doesn't sound right. I bought my Sony 34" 16x9 HDTV about two years
    ago, and it was less than $2,400 (before tax). The 38" RCA with built in
    HD tuner and DirectTV was the same price at that time.

    Mark Spatny, Jul 22, 2004