    know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?
    Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!
    , Dec 3, 2006

  2. Lookout Guest

    On 3 Dec 2006 04:14:02 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails? My computer has been
    >really slow and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the
    >emails that were being saved somewhere or something? I have no clue!
    >Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000 emails(which
    >are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes up! Does anyone
    >know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?
    >Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!

    I don't use Outhouse but it looks like it's no longer marking emails
    as sent from your ISP.
    Lookout, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Alan Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails? My computer has been
    > really slow and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the
    > emails that were being saved somewhere or something? I have no clue!
    > Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000 emails(which
    > are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes up! Does anyone
    > know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?
    > Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!

    If you ISP has a website to log in and check your mail, do that and
    delete everything there. that way Outlook wont choke on them. I
    suspect that there are other issues, but this is a start...
    Alan, Dec 3, 2006
  4. wrote in

    > Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails? My computer has been
    > really slow and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the
    > emails that were being saved somewhere or something? I have no clue!
    > Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000 emails(which
    > are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes up! Does anyone
    > know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?
    > Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!

    Because it's the Christmas bonus for Google Groupers! <jingle bells>

    Alternate: I've only heard of 1 other case like this, and it involved the lady's husband
    getting encrypted porn from hookers who he visted while away "on business" into a hidden
    outlook account on the family computer. Hmm... Have you checked your bank statements
    lately?

    1) Run a virus thangy. 2) Do your Outlook maintenance. 3) Put more rum in the eggnog. 4)
    Drink more eggnog. 5) Post back trying to obfuscate more.

    "You're a brave man!
    Go and break through the lines.
    And remember, while you're out there risking your life and limb
    through shot and shell,
    we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are."
    -- Groucho Marx, 'Duck Soup' to Harpo as Pinky (1933)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 3, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails?

    You are very popular?

    > My computer has been really slow

    Easily the case with 15,000 emails in your Inbox. There are other
    possible reasons as well.

    > and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the emails that were
    > being saved somewhere or something?

    Is your husband a geek? Smart enough to actually fix it?

    Please fill in the blanks:
    Somewhere = [_____________________________]
    Something = [_____________________________]

    > I have no clue!

    Ahem.

    > Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000
    > emails(which are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes
    > up! Does anyone know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I
    > do?

    I would freeze up too, if I had to carry 15,000 letters around in a box.
    Consider deleting/purging/saving to other folders.

    Yes, given your experience, it *could* be a virus or trojan...
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#av

    > Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!

    You're very welcome.

    --
    -bts
    -This message has been tested for polonium-210 and found to be safe
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 3, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails? My computer has been
    > really slow and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the
    > emails that were being saved somewhere or something? I have no clue!

    No chance to help you here, with that description.
    The 15000 "e-mails" might as well be newsgroup messages. Or they got stuck
    in the outbox after your ISP disabled that e-mail account due to massive
    spamming from your (trojanized, 0wned) computer. Who knows.

    > Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000 emails(which
    > are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes up! Does anyone
    > know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?

    Do not open Outbug Excuse. Get thunderbird instead, carefully select what to
    import, and check your virus and spyware scanners are up-to-date and
    functional. Use them.
    Walter Mautner, Dec 3, 2006
  7. ProfGene Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Does anyone know why I am getting 15000 emails? My computer has been
    > really slow and my husband was trying to fix it and found all the
    > emails that were being saved somewhere or something? I have no clue!
    > Now if I try to go in outlook it trys to give me the 15000 emails(which
    > are all old,I got them before!)and everything freezes up! Does anyone
    > know why this is happening?Is it a virus?What do I do?
    > Thanks sooooo much for any help!!!!

    Try switching to Thunderbird email from Mozilla and make it your default
    email program. It will start out with not more than one email to begin
    with. If your server does not block spam for you get a spam blocking
    program. You can download Thunderbird for free at Mozilla's website.
    ProfGene, Dec 4, 2006