please help - setting up wireless network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by geepeetee, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to wireless network my desktop and laptop using dlink cards (one
    pci dwl 510 and a pc card dwl 610)

    I have used the network setup wizard in control panel (both machines are
    using xp) and followed the procedure using a usb memory stick to configure
    the second pc (laptop) as instructed by the wizard.

    The default mshome network is showing in the properties window of the
    wireless network on both machines but neither shows it in available
    networks. The wireless cards are working because other networks in the
    neighbourhood are showing.

    Any advice or directions to helpful websites or forums appreciated.

    thanks

    Gary

    --
    Visit my websites at
    www.justjents.co.uk

    geepeetee, Mar 19, 2006

  2. geepeetee

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Assuming that the Wireless is working (I.e. you can use the Internet from
    both computers).

    May be this can Help.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.