    Could this be a worm or virus?

    TIA

    P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    Razor, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Razor

    Stevo Guest

    Razor wrote:
    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop that
    > was not there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot execute it or
    > even look at its properties, when I right click the icon a text box
    > comes up and says "create shortcut" and when I click on this it says
    > "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check to see if thr disk is
    > full"
    >
    > The Icon looks like a wordpad or clipboard Icon
    > Right now everything is fine but how long will it last ...??
    >

    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    Are you sure it has no name/label? Not even a " ~ " ?

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Razor

    Boomer Guest

    Razor wrote:

    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop
    > that was not there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot
    > execute it or even look at its properties, when I right click
    > the icon a text box comes up and says "create shortcut" and when
    > I click on this it says "Windows could not create the shortcut.
    > Check to see if thr disk is full"
    >
    > The Icon looks like a wordpad or clipboard Icon
    > Right now everything is fine but how long will it last ...??
    >

    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    Via http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search I found these:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?num=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&scoring=d&q=%22Windows+could+not+create+the+shortcut.+Check+to+see+
    if+the+disk+is+full%22&spell=1

    Or click http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

    Hope those Q & A's help.

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Razor

    °Mike° Guest

    Please don't make a new thread about the same problem. See
    the answers in your first thread.

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:54:18 GMT, in
    <K77eb.17639$>
    Razor scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Razor

    Boomer Guest

    Razor wrote:

    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop
    > that was not there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot
    > execute it or even look at its properties, when I right click
    > the icon a text box comes up and says "create shortcut" and when
    > I click on this it says "Windows could not create the shortcut.
    > Check to see if thr disk is full"
    >
    > The Icon looks like a wordpad or clipboard Icon
    > Right now everything is fine but how long will it last ...??
    >

    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    Just noticed that Mike gave you some links to check out earlier
    today. Did you read them??

    Why have you started a new thread?

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Razor

    Bad Dog Guest

    Razor wrote:
    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop that was not
    > there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot execute it or even look at
    > its properties, when I right click the icon a text box comes up and says
    > "create shortcut" and when I click on this it says "Windows could not
    > create the shortcut. Check to see if thr disk is full"
    >
    > The Icon looks like a wordpad or clipboard Icon
    > Right now everything is fine but how long will it last ...??
    >

    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    I would use a Bootable Antivirus Rescue Disk

    First read this,
    http://www.centralcommand.com/rescue_disk1003a7.html

    Four floppy disc
    http://www.centralcommand.com/ts/rescue/rescuedisk.exe

    One cdr or cdrw disc
    http://www.centralcommand.com/ts/rescue/rescuedisk.iso

    Then I would download SpyBot S&D and AdAware and run them, both can be found
    with a Google search.
    --
    Bad Dog *eg*

    Bad Dog, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Razor

    Razor Guest

    No it has NO label

    Razor, Sep 30, 2003
  8. Razor

    Razor Guest

    Done it......... no luck

    Razor, Sep 30, 2003
  9. Razor

    Bender Guest

    "Stevo" <> wrote in message

    > Are you sure it has no name/label? Not even a " ~ " ?
    >
    > --
    > Stevo
    > (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    I've seen the tilde "~" filename on the desktop before. What is that
    anywho?

    Bender, Sep 30, 2003
  10. Razor

    Boomer Guest

    Bender wrote:

    > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Are you sure it has no name/label? Not even a " ~ " ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    >>

    > I've seen the tilde "~" filename on the desktop before. What is
    > that anywho?

    It is a bug in Windows Address Book and MS knows about it.

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003