    Ron Thompson
    Usenet News Helper/Enthusiast for 12 years
    Newbie To Home Wireless Technology

    Ron Thompson, Jul 3, 2007

  2. Hi
    Yeah in principle your assumptions are correct.
    Provided that the distance can be cover and there is no serious signal
    obstructions.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 3, 2007

  3. Ron Thompson

    Guest

    Hello Jack

    I went ahead and bought the adapter (based on your advice), set it up and
    it's now working perfectly!

    Thanks so much for your help!

    http://www.usenet.com

    , Jul 12, 2007
  4. Ron Thompson

    Guest

    Hello Jack:

    Based on your advice I went ahead and bought the adapter for the remote
    computer. I had no trouble setting it up and everything is now working
    perfectly!

    FYI: I wasn't sure that the signal would pass through the three concrete
    block walls necessary to reach the remote computer in another building on my
    property. The other building is 100' away but the signal strength was still
    86%. Is this amazing or what?

    Thanks for your help - you were the only one to reply and I want you to know
    that I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

    Ron Thompson

    http://www.usenet.com

    , Jul 12, 2007