    use.
    Thanks a lot,
    Ross

    rooboy jake, Jul 11, 2003

  2. rooboy jake

    Boomer Guest

    "rooboy jake" <> wrote in
    news:6mzPa.1042$:

    > Hi all,
    > Could someone please recomend a free newsreader that I can
    > download? I currently use the one that is built into Outlook
    > Express but would like to try a proper newsreader.
    > Is there a commonly used one that is good for beginners ie easy to
    > setup and use.
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Ross

    Hi
    http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

    For further reading you might like this news group.
    news.software.readers

    HTH

    Boomer, Jul 11, 2003

  3. rooboy jake

    Roo Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in

    > Xnews.
    > Link available on my software page.

    Hey thanks a lot Brian.
    I'm doing this reply from Xnews! Looks like there's a ton of features to
    learn.

    Roo, Jul 11, 2003
  4. rooboy jake

    rooboy jake Guest

    "Boomer" <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> wrote in message
    > "rooboy jake" <> wrote in
    > Hi
    > http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html
    >
    > For further reading you might like this news group.
    > news.software.readers
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --

    hmm, I'm doing this reply from outlook express since the thread has
    disappeared from Xnews. Looks like I gotta work out how to use it.
    Anyhow, thanks for that info Boomer, I appreciate it :)

    rooboy jake, Jul 11, 2003
  5. rooboy jake

    Ionizer Guest

    "Roo" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in
    >

    > > Xnews.
    > > Link available on my software page.
    > >

    > Hey thanks a lot Brian.
    > I'm doing this reply from Xnews! Looks like there's a ton of features to
    > learn.

    You'll REALLY enjoy taking Xnews for a test-drive in the binaries
    newsgroups! alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 is a fine place to visit, for instance.

    Have fun,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 11, 2003
  6. rooboy jake

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Roo said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in
    >

    >> Xnews.
    >> Link available on my software page.
    >>

    > Hey thanks a lot Brian.
    > I'm doing this reply from Xnews! Looks like there's a ton of features to
    > learn.

    Your welcome.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 11, 2003
  7. rooboy jake

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Brian H¹© said:

    > In a desperate cry for help Roo said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> Xnews.
    >>> Link available on my software page.
    >>>

    >> Hey thanks a lot Brian.
    >> I'm doing this reply from Xnews! Looks like there's a ton of features to
    >> learn.

    > Your welcome.

    Oops, just found the 'e' next to the keyboard.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 11, 2003
  8. rooboy jake

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:56:18 GMT, In this world we created "rooboy
    jake" <> wrote :

    >Hi all,
    >Could someone please recomend a free newsreader that I can download?
    >I currently use the one that is built into Outlook Express but would like to
    >try a proper newsreader.
    >Is there a commonly used one that is good for beginners ie easy to setup and
    >use.
    >Thanks a lot,
    >Ross

    G'day.you might like,
    Gravity 2.5,
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 11, 2003
  9. rooboy jake

    MeerKat Guest

    I love Mozilla's Mail client, which copes very well with newsgroups.
    Simple and straight to the point, but with enough features to do exactly
    what you want it to do.

    --
    MeerKat

    MeerKat, Jul 11, 2003
  10. Roo wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in

    >> Xnews.
    >> Link available on my software page.

    > Hey thanks a lot Brian.
    > I'm doing this reply from Xnews! Looks like there's a ton of features to
    > learn.

    Lots of features, lots of tweakability.

    Here's a pointer ---> news.software.readers is a great forum for
    Xnews. And don't forget to read those txt files in your xnews
    directory. Enjoy!

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/boulder