Please help me... uninstalling network adapter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Helder, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Helder

    Helder Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a laptop Toshiba with a network card.
    Recently i subscribed for a ADSL connection and the
    provider game me the ADSL USB Modem.

    Here is the problem:
    -I installed the modem correctly.
    -When i try to connect i get Error 708
    -I called the provider helpdesk they told me the problem
    could be a conflict between my internal network adapter
    and my new network adapter (modem adsl)
    -In the Device Manager, under Network adapters i see both
    network adapters and i Uninstalled my internal network card.
    -After i reboot, windows xp automatically reinstall it without
    questioning me if i want to install it or not.

    How can i prevent XP to reinstall the network adapter without my order???

    Thanks in advance,
    Helder
    Portugal

    Helder, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Helder

    Unknown Guest

    Disable plug and play in BIOS.

    Unknown, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Helder

    Helder Guest

    Disable plug and play in BIOS?

    But the network adapter i want to uninstall is
    a internal card.

    The ADSL modem is plug and play (USB).

    Doing that i will do the reverse of what i want to do ...no?

    Turning off the internal card, allowing only the USB network adapter
    to work.

    Thanks for your reply

    Helder, Aug 4, 2003