    How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

    Many thanks

    P.S. Sorry for my " bad english "

    lu_cad, Nov 27, 2003

  2. lu_cad

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <> wrote:

    > What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
    >
    > Canon IXUS 400
    > Nikon coolpix 4300
    > HP photosmart 935
    > or
    > Sony DSC P10
    >
    > How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

    None of them.

    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto:

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 28, 2003

  3. lu_cad

    useenomeyes Guest

    Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
    picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
    better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
    sharper pictures than 5MP
    Sony.
    Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
    If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
    Finepix can produce.
    To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
    before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
    TV.

    Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
    instead it's better.

    USNMY

    useenomeyes, Dec 2, 2003
  4. lu_cad

    Q. Lu Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Sounds like there is something wrong with your operation. For example, if
    you use the timer, you are probably setting the camera on a tripod. If you
    still get a blurry image, either you did not focus right, or your tripod is
    unstable.
    The AF on many cameras take some get-use-to. You have to learn how to get
    perfectly focused shots. The AF speed on Sony cameras is genreally faster
    than average, according to reports from pro labs.
    lower the sharpening value on the Sony to get smoother images.

    Q. Lu, Dec 2, 2003
  5. lu_cad

    kurambu Guest

    Don't use Sony, 2MP Finepix is much better. The 5mp picture quality is
    just too bad.
    Auto-focus is bad & takes long time to shot. I own one and want to
    sell it off a.s.a.p.
    I don't know about Canon or Nikon check reviews

    ULU

    kurambu, Dec 2, 2003
  6. lu_cad

    MJD1969 Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    >Do Not Buy Sony DSC P10, I bought one and was so dissapointed with the
    >picture quality. My old Fujufilm Finepix 2800 which is only 2.1MP does
    >better job for point and shot pictures, produces crispier clearer and
    >sharper pictures than 5MP
    >Sony.
    >Sony produces out of focus, blurry images when using timer.
    >If you blow up the images, the jagerred edges far worse than my old
    >Finepix can produce.
    >To point and shot pictures take longer time, the object may have gone
    >before you can shot it. Movie clip is not that presentable at all on
    >TV.
    >
    >Sony has only the name for digital camera. Buy Sony video camera
    >instead it's better.
    >

    >USNMY
    >

    >"Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message
    >> On 27-Nov-2003, "lu_cad" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > What is a most beautifull ,easy-to-use and quality Digital camera?
    >> >
    >> > Canon IXUS 400
    >> > Nikon coolpix 4300
    >> > HP photosmart 935
    >> > or
    >> > Sony DSC P10
    >> >
    >> > How use it ? plese write me your esperiance

    >> None of them.

    It may be just the particular camera you got. I have had a Sony P5 (3.2meg) for
    a couple of years now and it's been a great camera. Sharp pictures, easy to
    use. True it has a lag when taking the picture, but I haven't come across a P&S
    digital that didn't. My neighbor just bought a P10 based on my Sony
    recommendation and he loves it. I'm tempted to pick one up myself.

    MJD1969, Dec 2, 2003
  7. lu_cad

    useenomeyes Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Hellooo, if you are using self timer you should use tripod or put the
    camera on a stable base. Everybody knows this requirement. I used
    tripod that is more than stable. What are u trying to say sir.

    I use many cameras (Konica, Ricoh, Finepix) either with manual or
    auto-focus, I am not a green horn to focus and shot pictures. That's
    why I was so shock when I found this Sony crap camera is not working
    as expected. Please try this camera first before you make any
    jugdement on my experience.

    What AF speed, this is crap. Try first then you understand what I
    meant. I have no problem to shot my baby walking in action with my
    finepix 2mp and produced crispy sharp and focused images. With sony,
    if lucky enough, I can shot my baby leg or half body blurry images.
    The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly, and
    shot when my baby prime action has gone. It's really painful to see
    the result afterwards, I just can't bang the camera it's expensive and
    waste of money. I may sell this with 30% discount to any greenhorn,
    well that's life.

    USNMY

    useenomeyes, Dec 3, 2003
  8. lu_cad

    zbzbzb Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    >Hellooo, if you are using self timer you should use tripod or put the
    >camera on a stable base. Everybody knows this requirement. I used
    >tripod that is more than stable. What are u trying to say sir.
    >
    >I use many cameras (Konica, Ricoh, Finepix) either with manual or
    >auto-focus, I am not a green horn to focus and shot pictures. That's
    >why I was so shock when I found this Sony crap camera is not working
    >as expected. Please try this camera first before you make any
    >jugdement on my experience.
    >
    >What AF speed, this is crap. Try first then you understand what I
    >meant. I have no problem to shot my baby walking in action with my
    >finepix 2mp and produced crispy sharp and focused images. With sony,
    >if lucky enough, I can shot my baby leg or half body blurry images.
    >The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly, and
    >shot when my baby prime action has gone. It's really painful to see
    >the result afterwards, I just can't bang the camera it's expensive and
    >waste of money. I may sell this with 30% discount to any greenhorn,
    >well that's life.
    >

    >USNMY

    You have made your conclusions based on one sample?? I also wonder if your
    knowledge of the camera is not a factor in the problems you are experiencing.
    You have a warranty why not take advantage of it?

    zbzbzb, Dec 3, 2003
  9. lu_cad

    Todd Walker Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    In article <>,
    says...
    > The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly,

    That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera can
    take that long to focus.

    From the Imaging Resource review of the P10:

    "With its small size and well-rounded feature set, the Sony DSC-P10 is
    an excellent ultracompact point-and-shoot digicam. Packed in a very
    small package is a 5.0-megapixel CCD, a sharp 3x optical zoom lens,
    seven preset Scene modes, and a host of other creative options. I'd be
    happier with it if its default tone curve was a good bit less contrasty,
    and likewise feel that it gets a little carried away with itself with
    bright greens. Apart from these quibles though, the P10 is a very nice
    compact digicam in the 5 megapixel class. Like the rest of Sony's
    ultracompact Cyber-Shots, it makes a nearly ideal "take anywhere" camera
    for people not willing to sacrifice image quality for camera size.:

    From Steve's Digicams review:

    "The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
    delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
    measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."

    There are two possibilities here:

    1. Your camera was defective
    2. You are lying

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Dec 3, 2003
  10. lu_cad

    stacey Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Todd Walker wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly,
    >>

    > That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera can
    > take that long to focus.

    > From Steve's Digicams review:
    >
    > "The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
    > delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
    > measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."

    Did you miss the word "pre-focused"? I've never owned an autofocus camera
    before the nikon 2100 I bought for ebay use and can't believe anyone thinks
    this kind of autofocus is a good thing!

    --

    Stacey

    stacey, Dec 4, 2003
  11. lu_cad

    Todd Walker Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    In article <bqm8rh$236q3m$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Todd Walker wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> The AF speed takes at least 5 to 10 seconds to focus correctly,
    > >>

    > > That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera can
    > > take that long to focus.

    > > From Steve's Digicams review:
    > >
    > > "The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
    > > delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
    > > measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."
    > >

    > Did you miss the word "pre-focused"? I've never owned an autofocus camera
    > before the nikon 2100 I bought for ebay use and can't believe anyone thinks
    > this kind of autofocus is a good thing!

    I never said it was a good thing. I said that it is impossible that the
    focus takes 5-10 seconds as he claims. Without prefocusing, it should be
    around 1 second.

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Dec 4, 2003
  12. lu_cad

    useenomeyes Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Yes there is somethingw rong with my previous reply to your
    suugestion.
    It was never posted in this newsgroup.

    I use a very stable tripod, everybody knows about using tripod or any
    stable base if you shot using self timer. I am not green horn. Your
    assumption is just too shallow.

    I used many cameras Nikon, Canon, Ricoh, Konika, the recent one
    Finepix then the crap Sony DSC P-10. I know AF and how to deal with
    manual settings so don't assume other as stupid as you are.

    Lab reports can be tailor made, open your eyes and try the camera
    before passing on any jugdement.

    useenomeyes, Dec 4, 2003
  13. lu_cad

    useenomeyes Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    When I bought this crap along with my frind we were convinced it works
    well.I own finepix 2800 2MP, and the konica and Ricoh, I used to have
    Nikon and Canon as well.
    I am not converse in doing manual settings, maybe once in a while,
    when I need to take outdoor shots, I really don't bother about manual
    settings. All the while I use auto setting, AF, point and shot.
    That's all the experience I have.
    How could you judged me lying when I tell our real experiences after
    comparing the results and double checking all the evidences.
    It really took 5 seconds to set the autofocus right, otherwise you
    won't be able to shot. If you force it the result is fatal.

    Now I am pursuing my right to return this crap camera, the shop and
    Sony service centre are processing this despite all sorts of
    arguments. The good thing the memory stick provides the evidence of
    such poor pictures quality as well.

    Whoever not convinced please try other camera to compare the result.

    useenomeyes, Dec 5, 2003
  14. lu_cad

    stacey Guest

    Re: Sony DSC P10 Sucks

    Todd Walker wrote:

    > In article <bqm8rh$236q3m$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    >> Todd Walker wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...
    >> >>

    >> > That is a complete and utter fabrication. There is NO WAY any camera
    >> > can take that long to focus.

    >> > From Steve's Digicams review:
    >> >
    >> > "The DSC-P10's performance is fairly impressive. Shutter lag, the time
    >> > delay between depressing the shutter and the photo being captured, was
    >> > measured at .2 to .3 seconds when pre-focused."
    >> >

    >> Did you miss the word "pre-focused"? I've never owned an autofocus camera
    >> before the nikon 2100 I bought for ebay use and can't believe anyone
    >> thinks this kind of autofocus is a good thing!

    > I never said it was a good thing. I said that it is impossible that the
    > focus takes 5-10 seconds as he claims. Without prefocusing, it should be
    > around 1 second.

    With indoor lighting my nikon can take a couple of seconds (if it ever
    focuses correctly) then add shutter lag and I wonder if it's ever going to
    take the shot. I'd MUCH rather have a manual or even scale focus setup.
    --

    Stacey

    stacey, Dec 5, 2003