PLEASE HELP!!! Linksys Router BEFSR41 ver.2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ANON, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. ANON

    ANON Guest

    I have four computer on my network, when I added my laptop (running xp;
    we'll call this computer, computer 3) to my network, one of the computers
    (running Win98), wouldn't connect to the network (we'll call this computer,
    computer 1). The laptop works fine. I checked the client table in the
    router setup to find that one of the other computers on my network was
    pulling 2 IP addresses (running XP; we'll call this computer, computer 2)
    and the computer that wouldn't work was not pulling any. So I tried
    disconnecting both computers 1 and 2 from the router and connecting them
    back one at a time. Now neither computer will pull an ip address. I have
    spend four hours on the phone with linksys tech support, we assigned the
    non-working computers static ip's and still nothing, we changed so many
    setting back and forth that I don't think I could ever set them the way they
    were before. I've tried using the network setup wizard that comes with XP
    on all the computers, along with the setup wizard that came with the router.
    The network setup wizard on XP runs as usual, but doesn't fix it. While the
    router setup wizard says that there is no internet connection. We also
    exchanged ports on the router with computers that didn't work to one's that
    did, still nothing. Linksys finally told me that they did not know what was
    wrong and could not help me. My ISP says that it's a Linksys problem. Will
    someone PLEASE help me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in
    advance.

    ANON, Oct 5, 2003

  2. ANON

    JabberSmith Guest

    "ANON" <> wrote in message
    > I have four computer on my network, when I added my laptop (running xp;
    > we'll call this computer, computer 3) to my network, one of the computers
    > (running Win98), wouldn't connect to the network (we'll call this

    computer,
    > computer 1). The laptop works fine. I checked the client table in the
    > router setup to find that one of the other computers on my network was
    > pulling 2 IP addresses (running XP; we'll call this computer, computer 2)
    > and the computer that wouldn't work was not pulling any. So I tried
    > disconnecting both computers 1 and 2 from the router and connecting them
    > back one at a time. Now neither computer will pull an ip address. I have
    > spend four hours on the phone with linksys tech support, we assigned the
    > non-working computers static ip's and still nothing, we changed so many
    > setting back and forth that I don't think I could ever set them the way

    they
    > were before. I've tried using the network setup wizard that comes with XP
    > on all the computers, along with the setup wizard that came with the

    router.
    > The network setup wizard on XP runs as usual, but doesn't fix it. While

    the
    > router setup wizard says that there is no internet connection. We also
    > exchanged ports on the router with computers that didn't work to one's

    that
    > did, still nothing. Linksys finally told me that they did not know what

    was
    > wrong and could not help me. My ISP says that it's a Linksys problem.

    Will
    > someone PLEASE help me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in
    > advance.

    Here's some help:

    - organize your thoughts, use the "ENTER" key to start new paragraphs to
    indicate new thoughts
    - list the situation, then what you tried to fix it in clear steps
    - include details of devices, like... what kind of router is it?

    Your post is to convoluted and jumbled to bother trying to decypher.

    JabberSmith, Oct 5, 2003

  3. ANON

    Buffalo Guest

    Perhaps a post in the Microsoft.public.Win98.Networking newsgroup would get
    better responses.

    Buffalo, Oct 5, 2003
  4. ANON

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I had to read this 5 times before I understood it. "Punctuation". anyway you
    did not say if you updated the routers firmware. If you did then the router
    is bad take it back.

    pcbutts1, Oct 5, 2003