please help i don't want to format i will need 3 days to reinstalleverything

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by whatever, May 22, 2008.

  1. whatever

    whatever Guest

    hello everyone

    i am one of the stupid people that has windows xp x64 pro
    there is this one online flash game i play
    age of war by maxgames.com
    its really a stupid game whatever this isn't about that

    when i get into the game my system speaker starts going off
    one time i tried to just ignore it and well after like 20 minutes of
    beeping it had a thermals shutdown.
    now i will i could say this is just for from this game but it isn't.
    when i watch certain youtube videos the beeping starts again.
    apparently the videos aren't long enough to cause a thermal shutdown

    now i have a
    500w power supply
    intell E6600 processor on a ECS P4M900T-M motherboard
    2gb ram ddr2 (2x1gb)
    no cd-rom drives
    4 hard drives
    everything else in integrated onto the motherboard

    6 system fans

    120mm cpu fan with 3 speed and heat sensor
    120mm power supply fan with 3 speed and heat sensor
    2 80mm rear case fans for air intake
    1 80mm side fan for air exoust
    1 80mm front fan for exoust removes heat from 4 hard drives.

    i have never had a system over heat before this
    i have checked all the fans for performance and wires are not in the
    way

    my theory is my processor is trying to split the flash game into 2
    processors and its failing
    the lag causes the system to be redundant and heat up for no reason
    thus the system beep at every processor failure

    misc.
    i have adobe master collection installed CS3 it came with a unique
    flash player for testing .swf files.
    but i use the flash player to play other games i have and i have no
    problem.

    what can i do to prevent another thermal shutdown?

    no, not playing the game and not going to youtube in not an option.

    last note
    i have virtual pc 2007 i have windows installed on that as well
    mainly to test web pages with different resolutions and different
    browsers
    the game also causes the beeping in virtual pc witch is supposedly a
    32 bit windows installation and virtual pc is set to mostly run of the
    second processor

    thanks for your help.
    !!!oh why! why the hell did i upgrade my pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    whatever, May 22, 2008

  2. whatever

    S.SubZero Guest

    Re: please help i don't want to format i will need 3 days toreinstall everything

    You should check to make sure the CPU is properly attached to the
    heatsink with quality thermal compound and that the fan for it is
    circulating air.

    You could also have a bad CPU.

    S.SubZero, May 22, 2008

  3. whatever

    umwhat Guest

    Re: please help i don't want to format i will need 3 days to reins

    He is probably trying to use the onboard graphics to play that game. I
    suspect you need a good graphics card to play that game for starters. If you
    can't afford a graphics card play the smaller games and you may not have the
    same problems. I have tried onboard graphics and they can struggle for a
    short time with games but a NZ$120-$150 graphics card has been the answer for
    me.
    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...

    umwhat, May 24, 2008