    Dolby Digital light also turned off.
    I would greatly appreciate any help.
    Thanks

    Please Help, Aug 12, 2003

  2. >How do I disable 'Down Mix' on my Kenwood VR-407? I have been using
    >this receiver with a Toshiba SD-5109 for the last 4 years without any
    >issues.

    >The only thing I can
    >think of as different from before is that the 'Down Mix' is lighted up
    >on the receiver. I used the DVD's Audio menu to change the Audio Out
    >to PCM from Bitstream.

    That's the problem. Set it back to bitstream. Consult your receiver
    instruction manual on how to turn off downmixing. It may be as simple as
    setting the receiver to work in surround mode instead of stereo, like my
    Techincs SA-DA10, which can switch from downmixed Dolby Digital to full 5.1 at
    the touch of a single button. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Please Help

    Hugh Candlin Guest

    Please Help <> wrote in message
    > How do I disable 'Down Mix' on my Kenwood VR-407? I have been using
    > this receiver with a Toshiba SD-5109 for the last 4 years without any
    > issues. I brought home the Dare Devil DVD today and noticed the
    > absence of any rear surround sound. I verfied that speakers were
    > working using the 'Setup' button on the remote. I noticed the same
    > problem with two other Dolby Digital DVDs. I may have accidentally
    > pushed some buttons on both remotes yesterday. The only thing I can
    > think of as different from before is that the 'Down Mix' is lighted up
    > on the receiver. I used the DVD's Audio menu to change the Audio Out
    > to PCM from Bitstream. This toggled the 'Down Mix' off. However the
    > Dolby Digital light also turned off.

    Change it back to Bitstream. Then press the Lstn M. button
    on the remote or on the receiver.

    Hugh Candlin, Sep 5, 2003