Please Help. Having trouble getting a game to play.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ZeroPanic, May 30, 2007.

  1. ZeroPanic

    ZeroPanic Guest

    Hello,
    Recently my computer had picked up a Trojan, unfortunately I found out a
    little too late as system files had to begun to "not be found". I had to
    reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Now I am having a very
    difficult time getting a game to start up. I get what appears to be a
    ..exe error every time I try to play. 1st the screen goes black, then I
    get this "send error msg to Microsoft" pop up window.

    MinionsOfMirth.exe
    Error Signature
    AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
    ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060

    I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it. The game
    ran fine before the pc was reformatted. its a mid graphics MMORPG, not
    very demanding on the system.
    I reinstalled all the drivers, and updated everything.
    any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

    WinXP Pro w sp2
    AMD 1.33ghz cpu
    256mb DDR
    DirectX 9c
    pny Gforce 6200 256mb

    ZeroPanic, May 30, 2007

  2. ZeroPanic

    Guest

    ZeroPanic <> wrote:

    >MinionsOfMirth.exe
    >Error Signature
    >AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
    >ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060
    >
    >I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it.

    "The NVOGLNT.DLL file is one of the driver files used by nVidia for
    OpenGL support. If the game in question supports DirectX, switching to
    that may resolve the problem."
    http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Nvoglnt-dll-error-ftopict47577.html

    also

    Start | Run <type in>
    DXDIAG
    <enter>
    (runs the DirectX diag)

    Run the test and see what it has to say.
    --

    A Meltdown? One of those annoying buzzwords.
    We prefer to think of it as an unrequested fission

    , May 30, 2007

  3. ZeroPanic

    Sam_F7 Guest

    "ZeroPanic" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Recently my computer had picked up a Trojan, unfortunately I found out a
    > little too late as system files had to begun to "not be found". I had to
    > reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Now I am having a very
    > difficult time getting a game to start up. I get what appears to be a
    > .exe error every time I try to play. 1st the screen goes black, then I
    > get this "send error msg to Microsoft" pop up window.
    >
    > MinionsOfMirth.exe
    > Error Signature
    > AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
    > ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060
    >
    > I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it. The game
    > ran fine before the pc was reformatted. its a mid graphics MMORPG, not
    > very demanding on the system.
    > I reinstalled all the drivers, and updated everything.
    > any help is greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > WinXP Pro w sp2
    > AMD 1.33ghz cpu
    > 256mb DDR
    > DirectX 9c
    > pny Gforce 6200 256mb

    Did you remember to re-install DirectX? Sometimes I've forgotten to install
    that after a fresh re-install.
    SamF7

    Sam_F7, May 30, 2007
  4. ZeroPanic