PLEASE HELP - GRE tunnel

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cool_runn@hotmail.com, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    here is my problem:

    I have 3 sites: A, B and C at different locations

    For now more than 3 days I have a very bad link from A to C. The
    providers at A and C are trying to solve the problem but scince we need
    to work I need a solution for this problem.

    The problem occurs only between A and C. Connections between A and B
    and between B and C are ok.

    A is a network equipped with a Cisco 2651 with public IP's available
    B is a network equipped with a Cisco 2621 with public IP's available
    C is a Windows 2000 SP4 server (colocation)

    Cisco 2651 at A has two FE interfaces (one for LAN and one for WAN
    which is connected to ISP's router/DSL-Modem)

    Cisco 2621 at B has a similar configuration

    Server at C is connected to ISP's/hoster's network

    At A and B no routing protocols are used, i.e. the routers have only
    "ip default-gateway" and "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <IP address of ISP's
    router/DSL-Modem>

    At C also no protocols are used, the server has "normal" settings for
    the LAN-Connection with following parameters:

    IP address
    Subnet mask
    Default gateway
    DNS

    As I have understood a GRE-tunnel between A and B could solve my
    problem at least for some days until the connection problem between A
    and C is solved.

    So the idea is to let some public IP-addresses from A appear as public
    IP addresses from B

    i.e. something like this:

    1. a GRE tunnel between A and B is created
    2. on A all traffic for C will be routed into the tunnel
    3. on B all traffic from the tunnel will be routed to C from a
    B-network's public IP
    4. on C the configuration will be changed so that it will now
    comunicate with a public IP address on B instead of A

    If this solution is possible could anyone provide me with a sample
    configuration for A and B routers please ?

    Thanks in advance

    Best regards

    Alexej Buchholz

    , Sep 6, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Alexej Buchholz

    Hi again,

    it seems like the connection problem between site A and server C is
    solved.

    But anyway if anyone could help me build such a configuration for both
    Ciscos it would be great.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards

    Alexej Buchholz