    I need to reverse this lock desperately, for the Adminstrator. Can someone
    help, please.

    ana
    annaAnne, Sep 4, 2004

  2. annaAnne

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| When I created my user profile in winXP pro, I clicked "yes" to
    >| locking docs and folders.
    >|
    >| I need to reverse this lock desperately, for the Adminstrator. Can
    >| someone help, please.
    >|
    >| ana

    Do you mean you selected the option to "make private" when creating your
    user profile? And now you want to make them available to other users?

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Sep 4, 2004

  3. annaAnne

    annAnne Guest

    Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one and copy
    files into the new.
    Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while logged
    on as administrator.
    "Access denied". How can I gain access?

    annAnne, Sep 4, 2004
  4. annaAnne

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| > >|
    >| > >|

    >| > Do you mean you selected the option to "make private" when
    >| > creating your user profile? And now you want to make them
    >| > available to other users?

    (top posting corrected)

    >| Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one
    >| and copy files into the new.
    >| Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while
    >| logged on as administrator.
    >| "Access denied". How can I gain access?

    This is a "Security and Permissions" issue. Can you log in as that user at
    all? If so you can then make the folders accessible. Try reading through
    this web pages to see if anything helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
    Toolman Tim, Sep 4, 2004
  5. annaAnne

    annAnne Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>| > >|
    >>| > >|

    > (top posting corrected)
    >

    >>| Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one
    >>| and copy files into the new.
    >>| Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while
    >>| logged on as administrator.
    >>| "Access denied". How can I gain access?

    > This is a "Security and Permissions" issue. Can you log in as that user at
    > all? If so you can then make the folders accessible. Try reading through
    > this web pages to see if anything helps:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

    I did manage to get the security and permissions issue fixed, thank you.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the cause of my problem.
    After transferring the old user files to the new, the problem still
    exist. It's a matter of windows loading first one profile with a set of
    startup programs, then reload another with a different set, so that I
    feel 2 users are logged on, and the computer is slow to load, then get
    sluggish after a while. Doesn't seem to be a RAT problem, I've tested
    exhuastively.
    annAnne, Sep 4, 2004