    do I do to get the email address correct.

    Please excuse my ignorance

    Denny B

    Denny B, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Denny B

    Bumblebee Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:06:15 -0600, Denny B wrote:

    >info(remove this)@zerorust.com
    >Bruce Palmer
    >
    >An individual Bruce Palmer asked me to contact him off line
    >at the above email address.
    >
    >What do I do with this... (remove this)... why has he inserted
    >"remove this" in brackets.
    >Do I insert Bruce Palmer in the brackets or what
    >do I do to get the email address correct.

    I visited http://www.zerorust.com/ and viewed the following:
    Technical information & Dealer inquiries...
    --

    Chris Bee

    Bumblebee, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Denny B

    GAR Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    > info(remove this)@zerorust.com
    > Bruce Palmer
    >
    > An individual Bruce Palmer asked me to contact him off line
    > at the above email address.
    >
    > What do I do with this... (remove this)... why has he inserted
    > "remove this" in brackets.

    When you reply to him you take that out. You'd send your email to

    Spammers have been know to harvest email address from newsgroup postings.
    Some people try to get around this by adding stuff into their email
    addresses so otheres can still contact them but spammers cant...atleast
    thats the idea.

    > Do I insert Bruce Palmer in the brackets or what
    > do I do to get the email address correct.

    Just remove the "(remove this)" part.

    GAR, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Denny B

    Thor Guest

    "GAR" <> wrote in message

    > "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    > > info(remove this)@zerorust.com
    > > Bruce Palmer
    > >
    > > An individual Bruce Palmer asked me to contact him off line
    > > at the above email address.
    > >
    > > What do I do with this... (remove this)... why has he inserted
    > > "remove this" in brackets.

    > When you reply to him you take that out. You'd send your email to
    > (address removed)
    > Spammers have been know to harvest email address from newsgroup postings.
    > Some people try to get around this by adding stuff into their email
    > addresses so otheres can still contact them but spammers cant...atleast
    > thats the idea.

    And you fully realize that you just defeated the whole idea of his munged
    address by un-munging it, and posting it in a form that the spam-bots can
    use!!!!!!!!!! Nice job.

    Thor, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Denny B

    Thor Guest

    "Bumblebee" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:06:15 -0600, Denny B wrote:
    >
    > >info(remove this)@zerorust.com
    > >Bruce Palmer
    > >
    > >An individual Bruce Palmer asked me to contact him off line
    > >at the above email address.
    > >
    > >What do I do with this... (remove this)... why has he inserted
    > >"remove this" in brackets.
    > >Do I insert Bruce Palmer in the brackets or what
    > >do I do to get the email address correct.

    > I visited and viewed the following:
    > Technical information & Dealer inquiries...

    Yeah, I'm sure he appreciates that you posted his unaltered email address on
    the newsgroups, that the spam-bots can easily harvest and use. The purpose
    of the "remove this" was to confuse the spam-bots, and to prevent
    unnecessary junkmail from filling his email box. Now he has you to thank for
    more junkmail.

    Thor, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Denny B

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "GAR" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    > > > info(remove this)@zerorust.com
    > > > Bruce Palmer
    > > >
    > > > An individual Bruce Palmer asked me to contact him off line
    > > > at the above email address.
    > > >
    > > > What do I do with this... (remove this)... why has he inserted
    > > > "remove this" in brackets.

    > > When you reply to him you take that out. You'd send your email to
    > > (address removed)
    > > Spammers have been know to harvest email address from newsgroup

    postings.
    > > Some people try to get around this by adding stuff into their email
    > > addresses so otheres can still contact them but spammers cant...atleast
    > > thats the idea.

    > And you fully realize that you just defeated the whole idea of his munged
    > address by un-munging it, and posting it in a form that the spam-bots can
    > use!!!!!!!!!! Nice job.

    Reminds me of that famous story where a lady can't get her computer working
    and calls up tech support. When the techie realizes that it's not working
    because she never plugged it in, he tells her it is a serious problem and
    that she needs to take the computer back to the store and tell them that
    she's too stupid to use one...

    Adam Steiner, Apr 9, 2004