    discovered that it still wasn't detecting any CD drive(s) on my PC. So
    now I have no idea what to do. Any efforts to help me with this
    problem will be greatly appreciated - thanks.
    Lee, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Lee

    wayfarrer Guest

    You may have a corrupt or missing aspi file.

    There are free utilities to check to aspi layer.

    See this page for more info:
    http://aspi.radified.com/

    wayfarrer, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Lee

    dgk Guest

    On 14 Apr 2005 00:58:45 -0700, "Lee" <> wrote:

    >I've been using Exact Audio Copy (Version 0.95) exclusively for ripping
    >CD's to the hard-drive of my PC for a couple years or so now without
    >any significant problems - until yesterday. Yesterday I began ripping
    >a CD-R to my PC's hard-drive as usual, then left it unattended for a
    >few minutes. Upon returning, I discovered that it had reached a
    >certain point beyond which no more progress was being made. Having no
    >idea what was wrong, I cancelled the unsuccessful operation. Right
    >after that, I discovered that Exact Audio Copy wasn't detecting either
    >of the CD drives on my PC at all. So I went to the configuration
    >wizard, and tried re-configuring Exact Audio Copy on my PC, but
    >discovered that it still wasn't detecting any CD drive(s) on my PC. So
    >now I have no idea what to do. Any efforts to help me with this
    >problem will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

    Under EAC options, look at the Interface tab and try Native32. I don't
    know why it would have changed but maybe windows hiccupped. I had to
    jiggle this once.
    dgk, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Lee

    Lee Guest

    dgk wrote -

    > Under EAC options, look at the Interface tab and try Native32. I

    don't
    know why it would have changed but maybe windows hiccupped. I had to
    jiggle this once. <

    Yes - that turned out to be it, exactly. Wasn't expecting it to be so
    simple. Thanks very much.
    Lee, Apr 16, 2005