please help! dvd with divx support and 4:3 aspect for them

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by jsimeo, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. jsimeo

    jsimeo Guest

    is any divx supporting player that has video setup menu special fo
    divx files,giving selection between
    -original aspect rati
    -4/
    -16/

    i have many many disks with xvid files at 400x576 and 464x576 PAL, s
    i need the 4:3 at divx files! the aspect at video menu for tv doe
    not stretch image full screen as pc software does

    is it possible to add this extented video setup menu for divx files t
    the firmware of ANY dvd player? It's very usefull and it will make mt
    to be really better than ess chip, that is old but can strech th
    image fullscreen at few at least resolutions!

    i hope for any answer..

    thanks..

    jsime
    jsimeo, Apr 9, 2005

  2. jsimeo

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref:

    jsimeo <-spam.invalid> wrote:

    > is any divx supporting player that has video setup menu
    > special for divx files,giving selection between:
    > -original aspect ratio
    > -4/3
    > -16/9
    >
    > i have many many disks with xvid files at 400x576 and 464x576
    > PAL, so i need the 4:3 at divx files! the aspect at video
    > menu for tv does not stretch image full screen as pc software
    > does!
    >
    > is it possible to add this extented video setup menu for divx
    > files to the firmware of ANY dvd player? It's very usefull
    > and it will make mtk to be really better than ess chip, that
    > is old but can strech the image fullscreen at few at least
    > resolutions!!
    >
    > i hope for any answer...
    >
    > thanks...
    >
    > jsimeo

    The LiteOn 2001, when playing ISO files (AVI/MPG etc) altered
    its ZOOM feature to independent X and Y axis manipulation. It's
    a great feature tho poorly implemented because it has no memory
    when you use nav controls and/or the next video starts to play.

    Since LiteOn no longer makes this player, I don't know whether
    they have incorporated this technique in later players nor if
    they ever debugged its interface?

    BJ
    Billy Joe, Apr 9, 2005