Please Help: DNS Snap-in fails on Windows 2003 Server Std x64-86

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Chris Beaver, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. Chris Beaver

    Chris Beaver Guest

    Hello All,

    My experiencing with x86-64 Windows (on Dell Hardware) has been pleasant
    so far; until now. When I initialize the DNS snap in the Admin Tools I
    received the following error message from the MMC:

    "Snap-in failed to initialize.
    Name:DNS
    CLSID:{CLSID_number_here}"

    I have tried to un-install and re-install DNS. I have tried deleting
    the CLSID out of the registry (shot in the dark) in the event of some
    sort of conflict; then re-install. Looked for patches/updates. Checked
    out Technet/Support and Google. Nada.

    Am I missing something?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Regards

    Chris Beaver
    Senior Sys Admin
    DINMAR
    cbeaver AT dinmar dot com
    Chris Beaver, Feb 20, 2006

  2. No known issue with x64 and DNS snap-in that I'm aware of. It works fine
    here.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64