    I had some important files on my computer but I accidentally deleted the
    whole directory they were in and also emptied the recycle bin.

    Is there anything I can do to get them back?

    Rod Pace, May 23, 2004

  2. "Rod Pace" wrote
    > I had some important files on my computer but I accidentally deleted the
    > whole directory they were in and also emptied the recycle bin.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to get them back?

    Do not use the PC more than absolutely nescessary
    so that deleted files are not overwritten

    So, on another PC, download
    http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
    REST2514.EXE 193 KB

    Extract the program to a floppy or USB-memory_stick, and run the program from
    there.

    Restoration
    Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake.
    [OS] Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows Me Windows NT Windows 2000
    Windows XP
    Freeware

    regards
    Thorkild Dalsgaard

    Thorkild Dalsgaard, May 23, 2004

  3. Rod Pace

    el duderino Guest

    I use "Easy Recovery Pro" ; you can get it off most P2P programs, or get the
    trial version from http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/

    el duderino, May 23, 2004
  4. Rod Pace

    Wayne Guest

    DO NOT install the software on the drive letter where the directory was
    located install it someplace else you run the risk of installing the
    software over where your deleted files were!

    Wayne

    Wayne, May 23, 2004