Please for advice: VOB-ID - extraction?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Marek, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. Marek

    Marek Guest

    Hello!

    Could someone advice me, please in the following?
    My DVD consists (as usual): menus, main-movie, additional movies, some adver
    tisements.
    I saved all on HDD using DVD-Decrypter in file mode. Now I check all VOBs us
    ing Vobrator and see which VOB-IDs I would like to record on my copy of DVD.

    The question is: how to skip the titles (or some VOB-IDs) that I don't want
    to copy? Which software to use? I would like to remove them PERMANENTLY and
    not to save on my copy of DVD. However I want to keep main menu and not to r
    eorganize general structure of DVD.

    I tried DVD-Shrink but I can only remove audio (or subtitles) permanently. R
    egarding video stream - I think it lets me only to reduce quality of chosen
    titles but not eliminate them for good.

    Thanks a lot for any sugestions!
    Marek

    Marek, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Marek

    Rebelrouser Guest

    "Marek" <> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > Could someone advice me, please in the following?
    > My DVD consists (as usual): menus, main-movie, additional movies, some

    adver
    > tisements.
    > I saved all on HDD using DVD-Decrypter in file mode. Now I check all VOBs

    us
    > ing Vobrator and see which VOB-IDs I would like to record on my copy of

    DVD.

    > The question is: how to skip the titles (or some VOB-IDs) that I don't

    want
    > to copy? Which software to use? I would like to remove them PERMANENTLY

    and
    > not to save on my copy of DVD. However I want to keep main menu and not to

    > eorganize general structure of DVD.
    >
    > I tried DVD-Shrink but I can only remove audio (or subtitles) permanently.

    > egarding video stream - I think it lets me only to reduce quality of

    chosen
    > titles but not eliminate them for good.

    I *think* you'll find you can omit parts of the DVD with DVDshrink by using
    the reauthor button. Left hand menu should show the folders relevant to the
    DVD, click on one to see what's inside and remove what you don't want.

    Dave

    Rebelrouser, Nov 14, 2004