    have EXACTLY SIX letters in my password.

    Please give an explanation I can understand!

    sajcast
    Shirley Cassettari, May 28, 2006

  2. Shirley  Cassettari

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-28, Shirley Cassettari <> wrote:
    > Mail is not being sent out. (Incoming mail fine!)
    >
    > There is an indication that "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be
    > found," asking that I verify the server name has been correctly named.
    >
    > My host server is earthlink.net.

    Your email server is smtpauth.earthlink.net
    Your username is ""
    Your password is "whatever"
    Your going to be getting lots of spam.

    (You should learn to munge your address)

    Jimchip, May 28, 2006

  3. Shirley  Cassettari

    Barney Guest

    Jimchip <> wrote in
    > Your email server is smtpauth.earthlink.net
    > Your username is ""
    > Your password is "whatever"
    > Your going to be getting lots of spam.
    >
    > (You should learn to munge your address)

    Wow! How'd you do that?

    --
    "Expect less from life and get more from it"
    Barney, May 29, 2006
  4. Shirley  Cassettari

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "Shirley Cassettari" <> said in

    > Mail is not being sent out. (Incoming mail fine!)
    >
    > There is an indication that "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be
    > found," asking that I verify the server name has been correctly named.
    >
    > My host server is earthlink.net.
    >
    > When I log on, my "password" indicates a NUMBER of asterisks. I
    > actually have EXACTLY SIX letters in my password.
    >
    > Please give an explanation I can understand!

    You mistyped the server name, dumb ass. It's probably smtp.earthlink.com
    The astericks hide your password. They use more than 6 to make it harder
    for someone to guess your password. And munge your e-mail address or you're
    going to get a lot of e-mail advertising the virtues of getting a bigger
    dick.

    Jerry Attic, May 29, 2006
  5. Shirley Cassettari wrote:
    > Mail is not being sent out. (Incoming mail fine!)

    SMTP problem, that's the protocol that sends your outgoing mail. Could
    be your computer, could be Earthlinks server.

    > There is an indication that "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be
    > found," asking that I verify the server name has been correctly named.

    As JimChip said, you seem to have the SMTP setting correct.

    > My host server is earthlink.net.

    Well, not really, but not pertinent anyway.

    > When I log on, my "password" indicates a NUMBER of asterisks. I actually
    > have EXACTLY SIX letters in my password.

    Everybody has the same thing. Asterisk number doesn't match password number.

    > Please give an explanation I can understand!

    Could be Earthlink's server is being worked on, maybe somebody spilled
    coffee in it. Contact Earthlink if it doesn't clear up soon. While
    waiting, do a virus and spyware scan.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 29, 2006
  6. Jerry Attic wrote:
    > "Shirley Cassettari" <> said in
    >

    >>Mail is not being sent out. (Incoming mail fine!)
    >>
    >>There is an indication that "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be
    >>found," asking that I verify the server name has been correctly named.
    >>
    >>My host server is earthlink.net.
    >>
    >>When I log on, my "password" indicates a NUMBER of asterisks. I
    >>actually have EXACTLY SIX letters in my password.
    >>
    >>Please give an explanation I can understand!

    > You mistyped the server name, dumb ass.

    She has it exactly right, dumbass. Before giving out advice and calling
    people names, check the facts.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 29, 2006
  7. Shirley  Cassettari

    Jim Guest

    He's a magic man........

    Jim, May 29, 2006
  8. Shirley  Cassettari

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-29, Jerry Attic <0m> wrote:
    > You mistyped the server name, dumb ass. It's probably smtp.earthlink.com

    Gee dumbass... it's smtpauth.earthlink.net.

    Earthlink has been port 25 blocked for some years.

    [snippos various places]
    Jimchip, May 29, 2006
  9. Shirley  Cassettari

    Plato Guest

    Shirley Cassettari wrote:

    > Mail is not being sent out. (Incoming mail fine!)
    >
    > There is an indication that "host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net could not be

    smtpauth

    does NOT seem to be a valid email path.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/