Please check this page for me

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Feb 28, 2009

  2. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.1littleworld.net:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal?app=hangman
    >
    > You should wind up with a picture of a gallows and letter choices.
    >
    > If not, please advise what you did get.

    First, if I contact the webserver on port 80 at
    http://www.1littleworld.net then it tells me the content is at
    http://www.1littleworld.net/Index.htm which causes my browser to go there.
    When I get there, that page tells me the content is at port 8008 according
    to this port/path
    http://1littleworld.net:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal

    ... and there I must stop, because the xhtml/css has a javascript requiring
    a login user/pass

    That is also the result if I input your hangman link above into my
    browser's addressline Win Opera 9.62

    If I use KMeleon 1.52 I get a gallows and letter choices. Also
    gallow/letters w/ linux Tbird 3.0.6

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 28, 2009

  3. richard

    tom g. Guest

    tom g., Feb 28, 2009
  4. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > richard wrote:

    >> You should wind up with a picture of a gallows and letter choices.

    > Win Opera 9.62

    Now I can get a gallows/letters with Opera too.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 28, 2009
  5. richard

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:09:44 -0500, richard wrote:

    >http://www.1littleworld.net:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal?app=hangman
    >
    >You should wind up with a picture of a gallows and letter choices.
    >
    >If not, please advise what you did get.

    1st,
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
    Error found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: 1 Error
    Line 2, Column 1291: document type does not allow element "style" here.
    …eyDown(event)"><style type="text/css"></style><form action=""
    name="form1337"

    Nice formatting, all on 1 line :)
    # <html xml:lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
    content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
    http-equiv="Content-Type"></meta><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

    2nd, Seamonkey 1.1.4 + firewall + application filtering i.e. scripts,
    activex , popups, hidden frames.
    Failed to Connect
    The connection was refused when attempting to contact
    www.1littleworld.net:8008.

    FW log,
    21:38:10 seamonkey.exe OUT REFUSED TCP 69.64.63.157
    PROXY:8008 localhost(any) 1132 Block All Activity
    Name: balder057.startdedicated.com
    Address: 69.64.63.157

    So it's working as I wish.

    Me

    why?, Feb 28, 2009
  6. richard

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:53:32 -0500, richard wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:44:56 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:09:44 -0500, richard wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.1littleworld.net:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal?app=hangman
    >>>
    >>>You should wind up with a picture of a gallows and letter choices.
    >>>
    >>>If not, please advise what you did get.

    <snip>

    >>2nd, Seamonkey 1.1.4 + firewall + application filtering i.e. scripts,
    >>activex , popups, hidden frames.
    >>Failed to Connect
    >>The connection was refused when attempting to contact
    >>www.1littleworld.net:8008.

    >I will point this out to the author in case he wants to take the
    >trouble of correcting it. The page heading is created by the software.

    As long it's only the redirect as M.E pointed out earlier.

    >>FW log,
    >>21:38:10 seamonkey.exe OUT REFUSED TCP 69.64.63.157
    >>PROXY:8008 localhost(any) 1132 Block All Activity
    >>Name: balder057.startdedicated.com
    >>Address: 69.64.63.157
    >>
    >>So it's working as I wish.

    Trying SamSpade to see where the URL goes,

    03/01/09 17:12:22 Browsing
    http://www.1littleworld.net:8008/seaside/go/runbasicpersonal?app=hangman
    No such server as www.1littleworld.net:8008

    >Seamonkey, the next generation of failures after netscrap.

    Would you have preferred checking with lynx or another browser?

    Me

    why?, Mar 1, 2009
  7. richard

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:03:30 -0500, richard wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:44:06 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> Win Opera 9.62

    >>Now I can get a gallows/letters with Opera too.

    >Thanks.
    >The part of the url after the port is created and used by the
    >application. There is no such directory on the server.
    >
    >What you saw with the login stuff is for me.
    >I will take care of that part later.
    >
    >In case you're wondering, this is a program written in a hybrid

    Not (wondering). From the URL posted earlier "runbasicpersonal" and your
    ongoing promotion of said product.

    >version of BASIC.

    <snip>

    Me