    Much appreciated,
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 9, 2006

  2. On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 21:08:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they can
    > get through.

    Works for me of now, Orcon UBS.

    --
    Regards,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Apr 9, 2006

  3. ~misfit~

    Peter Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they can
    > get through.

    They might be having some problems at that server ...

    http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&Netnic=whois.arin.net&host=tracker.zaerc.com

    TraceRoute to 194.109.161.58 [tracker.zaerc.com]
    Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 66.98.244.1 gphou-66-98-244-1.ev1.net
    2 0 0 0 66.98.241.16 gphou-66-98-241-16.ev1.net
    3 0 0 0 66.98.240.12 gphou-66-98-240-12.ev1.net
    4 1 1 1 129.250.11.129 ge-2-0-0.r00.hstntx01.us.bb.verio.net
    5 10 1 1 129.250.3.47 p16-7-0-0.r02.hstntx01.us.bb.verio.net
    6 8 9 9 129.250.2.195 p16-7-0-0.r01.dllstx09.us.bb.verio.net
    7 8 9 8 208.173.178.153 -
    8 9 9 9 208.173.178.153 -
    9 40 9 45 204.70.192.81 dcr1-so-7-3-0.atlanta.savvis.net
    10 21 21 46 204.70.192.54 bcs1-so-2-0-0.washington.savvis.net
    11 45 45 46 204.70.192.34 bcs2-so-7-0-0.washington.savvis.net
    12 49 45 45 204.70.192.34 bcs2-so-7-0-0.washington.savvis.net
    13 107 50 107 204.70.192.122 bcs1-so-0-0-0.londonlnx.savvis.net
    14 117 107 118 204.70.194.78 -
    15 117 117 117 204.70.194.78 -
    16 117 117 117 204.70.194.82 -
    17 117 117 117 208.174.49.134 kpn.amsterdamamx.savvis.net
    18 118 117 117 208.174.49.134 kpn.amsterdamamx.savvis.net
    19 118 135 Timed out 194.109.5.154 0.ge0-0.dr1.tc1.xs4all.net
    20 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
    21 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
    22 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
    23 Timed out Timed out Timed out -

    Trace aborted.

    ----------------------------------
    Peter, Apr 9, 2006
  4. On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 21:08:56 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they can
    > get through.
    >
    > Much appreciated,

    Xtra Broadband, Seems to be working for me now.
    Pacific Dragon, Apr 9, 2006
  5. ~misfit~

    Rider Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they can
    > get through.
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    > --
    > ~Shaun~

    Xtra "broadband" ... no go.

    Rider
    Rider, Apr 9, 2006
  6. ~misfit~

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>
    >> I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    >> appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they
    >> can get through.
    >>
    >> Much appreciated,
    >> --
    >> ~Shaun~
    >>

    > Xtra "broadband" ... no go.
    >
    > Rider

    Xtra 3.5mb all systems go

    KB
    krazy Bob, Apr 9, 2006
  7. ~misfit~

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <4438cf15$>,
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they can
    > get through.
    >
    > Much appreciated,

    No problem on TelstraClear cable.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
    Bruce Hoult, Apr 9, 2006
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if
    > they can get through.
    >
    > Much appreciated,

    Thanks to everyone who did this for me. I'm told that it's the DNS (server)
    that I'm using probably not updating properly. However, I've just got a
    headache trying to work out how to change to, say, Paradise's server. I
    can't find how or where to do it. (XP Pro sp2, Speedtouch 510 v4)

    I wanted to download a torrent from that tracker and people in a bittorrent
    forum are telling me that they can get the torrent fine. However, for me it
    just sat there for days saying connection error.

    Looks like I don't get that file. :-(

    Cheers,
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 9, 2006
  9. ~misfit~

    Steve Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:27:35 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>
    >> I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    >> appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if they
    >> can get through.
    >>
    >> Much appreciated,

    > Thanks to everyone who did this for me. I'm told that it's the DNS
    > (server) that I'm using probably not updating properly. However, I've just
    > got a headache trying to work out how to change to, say, Paradise's
    > server. I can't find how or where to do it. (XP Pro sp2, Speedtouch 510
    > v4)
    >
    > I wanted to download a torrent from that tracker and people in a
    > bittorrent forum are telling me that they can get the torrent fine.
    > However, for me it just sat there for days saying connection error.
    >
    > Looks like I don't get that file. :-(
    >
    > Cheers,

    Why not just override dns by adding an entry into
    \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?
    Steve, Apr 9, 2006
  10. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >
    > I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    > appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if
    > they can get through.
    >
    > Much appreciated,

    OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 9, 2006
  11. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>
    >> I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    >> appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if
    >> they can get through.
    >>
    >> Much appreciated,

    > OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.

    Thanks,
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 10, 2006
  12. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:27:35 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>>
    >>> I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem.
    >>> I'd appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know
    >>> if they can get through.
    >>>
    >>> Much appreciated,

    >> Thanks to everyone who did this for me. I'm told that it's the DNS
    >> (server) that I'm using probably not updating properly. However,
    >> I've just got a headache trying to work out how to change to, say,
    >> Paradise's server. I can't find how or where to do it. (XP Pro sp2,
    >> Speedtouch 510 v4)
    >>
    >> I wanted to download a torrent from that tracker and people in a
    >> bittorrent forum are telling me that they can get the torrent fine.
    >> However, for me it just sat there for days saying connection error.
    >>
    >> Looks like I don't get that file. :-(
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > Why not just override dns by adding an entry into
    > \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?

    Heh! 'Cause I'm a hardware man, I don't know about that stuff. What whould I
    need to do? And what DNS could I try?

    Thanks,
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 10, 2006
  13. ~misfit~

    Philip Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Enkidu wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>>
    >>> I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    >>> appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if
    >>> they can get through.
    >>>
    >>> Much appreciated,

    >> OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    > So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.
    >
    > Thanks,

    8 seconds for a complete display to appear thru Orcon, at 1448 Monday
    afternoon, with arborists on the property making the afternoon loud with
    their chainsaws and chippers. But probably not affecting the flow of
    data, just the flow of afternoon tea.

    Philip
    Philip, Apr 10, 2006
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    >> So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > 8 seconds for a complete display to appear thru Orcon, at 1448 Monday
    > afternoon, with arborists on the property making the afternoon loud
    > with their chainsaws and chippers. But probably not affecting the
    > flow of data, just the flow of afternoon tea.

    Thank you Philip.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 10, 2006
  15. ~misfit~

    Enkidu Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://tracker.zaerc.com
    >>>
    >>>I can't get there through Actrix, wondered if it's a DNS problem. I'd
    >>> appreciate it of Actrix and non-Actrix folks could let me know if
    >>>they can get through.
    >>>
    >>>Much appreciated,

    >>OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    > So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.

    Bloody hell, "Dwarfs from Italy".....

    Yeah, I can get it. Actrix Cyberjet. Wellington.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 10, 2006
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> OK, but hideously slow from Actrix.

    >> So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.
    >>

    > Bloody hell, "Dwarfs from Italy".....

    Dwarfs from Italy??? Something on the site? I can't get through at all and
    it hosts a tracker for the 1996 movie "Crash" that I want to download.

    > Yeah, I can get it. Actrix Cyberjet. Wellington.

    Thanks Cliff, I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. :-(
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 10, 2006
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Enkidu wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> So you can get there trhough Actrix huh? Interesting, I still can't.
    >>>

    >> Bloody hell, "Dwarfs from Italy".....

    > Dwarfs from Italy??? Something on the site? I can't get through at
    > all and it hosts a tracker for the 1996 movie "Crash" that I want to
    > download.
    >> Yeah, I can get it. Actrix Cyberjet. Wellington.

    > Thanks Cliff, I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. :-(

    BTW, resolved this, added <194.109.161.58 tracker.zaerc.com> to my hosts
    file, all good now.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Apr 11, 2006