  1. Hi, I am completly new to this way of writing. I think I understood PITA, but
    what is POS? Pot of shhitt?
    Later we ca have a beer: Castle Lager!
    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Pot, piece, pile - any one will work. I'm reminded of a piece by P.J.
    O'Rourke where he said "Here (Lebanon) you will hear your travel documents
    demanded by a variety of mis-pronunciations - 'Show me your bizport...
    bassboat... pisspot...'"

    Also, here's a site with lots of Internet acronyms explained:

    http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

    M. Murcek, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005
  4. Sometimes we have to use acronyms because using the actual words would get
    the message cancelled. ;)

    But yes, piece, pot, pile, of something smelly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2005
  5. good site, hadn't see it before. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2005
  6. I looked at the website: http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/
    but strangely there wasn't anything such as FK, **** knows.
    We will normally indicate that by holding forefinger and thumb encircled
    around the nose.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  7. OOps, if using the actual word, you wont see my previous post.
    Thanx ppl

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  8. I see it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    My favorite of that misspelled business was, I believe, devised to beat spam
    filters - to wit - Pr0n...

    M. Murcek, Nov 23, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    Randy Guest

    It also stands for "Point of Sale" in the business world, refering to
    software and hardware designed to work together out of the box (a "turnkey"
    system) as a cashier station, for example.

    Randy, Nov 24, 2005