  1. Hi, I am completly new to this way of writing. I think I understood PITA, but
    what is POS? Pot of shhitt?
    Later we ca have a beer: Castle Lager!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005

  2. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Pot, piece, pile - any one will work. I'm reminded of a piece by P.J.
    O'Rourke where he said "Here (Lebanon) you will hear your travel documents
    demanded by a variety of mis-pronunciations - 'Show me your bizport...
    bassboat... pisspot...'"

    Also, here's a site with lots of Internet acronyms explained:

    http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

    M. Murcek, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005
  4. Sometimes we have to use acronyms because using the actual words would get
    the message cancelled. ;)

    But yes, piece, pot, pile, of something smelly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2005
  5. good site, hadn't see it before. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2005
  6. I looked at the website: http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/
    but strangely there wasn't anything such as FK, **** knows.
    We will normally indicate that by holding forefinger and thumb encircled
    around the nose.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  7. OOps, if using the actual word, you wont see my previous post.
    Thanx ppl

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 23, 2005
  8. I see it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 23, 2005
  9. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    My favorite of that misspelled business was, I believe, devised to beat spam
    filters - to wit - Pr0n...

    M. Murcek, Nov 23, 2005
  10. Randy

    Randy Guest

    It also stands for "Point of Sale" in the business world, refering to
    software and hardware designed to work together out of the box (a "turnkey"
    system) as a cashier station, for example.

    Randy, Nov 24, 2005