    Lauren Holt Guest

    Someone from keeps sending me spam regarding this
    mailing list. Please remove me from this list!
    Lauren Holt, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Lauren Holt

    andy smart Guest

    andy smart, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Lauren Holt

    Chuck Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:58:29 -0700, Lauren Holt <*email_address_deleted*> wrote:

    >Someone from keeps sending me spam regarding this
    >mailing list. Please remove me from this list!

    Lauren,

    Could be a Joe Job. Can you post complete headers from the "spam"?

    Your posting your email address may encourage more spam from more "DLipman" etc.
    Learn to munge your email address properly, to keep yourself a bit safer when
    posting to open forums. Protect yourself and the rest of the internet - read
    this article.
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    And please read these articles about Cross-Posting vs Multi-Posting:
    <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html>
    <http://kb.indiana.edu/data/affn.html>
    Chuck, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Lauren Holt

    Moe Trin Guest

    In article <>, Lauren Holt wrote:

    >Someone from keeps sending me spam regarding this
    >mailing list. Please remove me from this list!

    What mailing list? You are posting to a Usenet news group. If you
    are using a real mail address, or don't have a clue what a news group
    is, maybe you'd do better leaving the computers alone, and taking up
    basket weaving.

    I also see you are clueless enough to post this same BS to "alt.security".
    I'm beginning to think that basket weaving may be to complicated for you.

    Old guy
    Moe Trin, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Lauren Holt

    donnie Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:00:38 -0500,
    (Moe Trin) wrote:

    >In article <>, Lauren Holt wrote:
    >
    >>Someone from keeps sending me spam regarding this
    >>mailing list. Please remove me from this list!

    >What mailing list? You are posting to a Usenet news group. If you
    >are using a real mail address, or don't have a clue what a news group
    >is, maybe you'd do better leaving the computers alone, and taking up
    >basket weaving.
    >
    >I also see you are clueless enough to post this same BS to "alt.security".
    >I'm beginning to think that basket weaving may be to complicated for you.
    >
    > Old guy

    ######################
    Hey, mabe she doesn't know as much as we know but that's no reson to
    insult her. If dlipman is a reg here than it made sense for her to
    post here. As somone else said, she should post the headers and if
    she doesn't know how to do that, she should ask.
    donnie
    donnie, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Donnie:

    I am right here and it is a defamation attack. The person does not exist and what is stated
    is a lie. I fight spam, viruses and parasites. Spam is unethical so I would never even
    ponder such an action. If you looked through enough News Groups you'll see this post
    repeated. Thus this post was spammed to defame me.

    It is the Wild, Wild, West out here !

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 13, 2004
  7. Lauren Holt

    Bill Unruh Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> writes:

    ]Donnie:

    ]I am right here and it is a defamation attack. The person does not exist and what is stated
    ]is a lie. I fight spam, viruses and parasites. Spam is unethical so I would never even
    ]ponder such an action. If you looked through enough News Groups you'll see this post
    ]repeated. Thus this post was spammed to defame me.

    ]It is the Wild, Wild, West out here !

    Maybe it was, maybe not. "Never ascibe to malice what can equally be
    ascribed to incompetence".

    ]Dave

    ]news:...
    Bill Unruh, Oct 13, 2004
  8. Please define that statement. I don't understand.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 13, 2004
  9. Lauren Holt

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:00:44 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >Donnie:
    >
    >I am right here and it is a defamation attack. The person does not exist and what is stated
    >is a lie. I fight spam, viruses and parasites. Spam is unethical so I would never even
    >ponder such an action. If you looked through enough News Groups you'll see this post
    >repeated. Thus this post was spammed to defame me.
    >
    >It is the Wild, Wild, West out here !
    >
    >Dave

    ######################
    Ok, put your colt 45 back in you holster.
    donnie
    donnie, Oct 14, 2004
  10. More like 155 Howitzer. I'm pissed at this sh!t.

    I actually learned the person does exist. However, it looks like she was a victim as well
    since her name was "used" but that is not her real email address. And does not even conform
    to the University's standard for email address naming.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 14, 2004
  11. Lauren Holt

    donnie Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 02:49:40 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >More like 155 Howitzer. I'm pissed at this sh!t.
    >
    >I actually learned the person does exist. However, it looks like she was a victim as well
    >since her name was "used" but that is not her real email address. And does not even conform
    >to the University's standard for email address naming.
    >
    >Dave

    ####################
    http://www.ptloma.edu/athletics/Wten/bios/holt.htm

    Take a look. There she is.
    donnie, Oct 15, 2004
  12. I saw it yesterday morning then I sent email to her real email address using my
    "professional" email account.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 15, 2004
  13. Lauren Holt

    donnie Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:11:48 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >I saw it yesterday morning then I sent email to her real email address using my
    >"professional" email account.
    >
    >Dave

    #######################
    Let us know what she said about the posts.
    donnie
    donnie, Oct 15, 2004
  14. No reply as of yet.
    I set the email to "receive reply" and "read reply" but I have only received a receipt
    showing it was delivered to her InBox.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 15, 2004
  15. Lauren Holt

    donnie Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:33:27 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >No reply as of yet.
    >I set the email to "receive reply" and "read reply" but I have only received a receipt
    >showing it was delivered to her InBox.
    >
    >Dave

    ####################
    Ok