    healp u can give me as i have re dun my computer for the 10 time now
    thanks to u all
    , Oct 26, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > i am geing a mesage come up that say's
    >
    > Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 10/25/2005 2;58;14 PM
    > Stop! windows requires immediate attention.
    > to fix the errors do the following;
    > 1. Download registry repair from; www.scanfix.net
    > 2. Install registry repair
    > 3. Run registry repair
    > 4. Reboot youre computer
    > FALIURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!
    >

    > that is exactly how it is poping up it dusnot hapen when i fist
    > install windows xp nor dus it hapen when i first put on the internet
    > but i have noticed over a day it will pop up once or twice then i put
    > on java and it comes up every 5 seconds i can still run the computer
    > and all the aplications but exating the popup as it apears i would
    > realy like any healp u can give me as i have re dun my computer for
    > the 10 time now thanks to u all

    The popup is bogus. Don't install that software. It will most likely make
    things worse for you.

    What you DO want to do is find out where that popup is coming from. Start
    with these SAFE and proven tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    Ad-Aware SE

    SpywareBlaster

    (all three of the above can be downloaded from http://download.com)

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta for XP

    <Http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en>

    or http://tinyurl.com/6fuq4

    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one about once a week,
    just like your anti-virus software (you *do* have anti-virus software
    installed and updated, don't you?)

    If those do not find/fix the problem, download HijackThis, run it, and post
    the log here for someone to review.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 26, 2005

  3. On 25 Oct 2005 19:15:58 -0700, wrote:

    >i am geing a mesage come up that say's
    >
    > Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 10/25/2005 2;58;14 PM
    > Stop! windows requires immediate attention.
    > to fix the errors do the following;
    > 1. Download registry repair from; www.scanfix.net
    > 2. Install registry repair
    > 3. Run registry repair
    > 4. Reboot youre computer
    > FALIURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!
    >

    >that is exactly how it is poping up it dusnot hapen when i fist install
    >windows xp nor dus it hapen when i first put on the internet but i have
    >noticed over a day it will pop up once or twice then i put on java and
    >it comes up every 5 seconds i can still run the computer and all the
    >aplications but exating the popup as it apears i would realy like any
    >healp u can give me as i have re dun my computer for the 10 time now
    >thanks to u all

    [posted on: Jul 14, 2005 2:14 AM by Jeff Ross
    These popup windows are due to Windows Messenger Service spam.

    If using Windows XP select Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and
    Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> scroll down and
    highlight 'Messenger' -> right-click the highlighted line and choose
    Properties -> click Stop button -> select Disable in the Startup Type
    scroll bar -> finally click OK.

    For illustrated step-by-step instructions see 'Stop Messenger Spam:
    Windows XP Users':
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/windows_xp/windows_xp.html

    or download Stop Messenger Spam (Windows, freeware):
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/stop_messenger_spam/stop_messenger_spam.html

    Windows Messenger Service windows may appear when using Windows NT,
    2000, or XP online. They have nothing to do with the similarly named
    MSN Messenger chat program or with your web browser (so any popup
    stopper option has no effect).
    Windows Messenger Service was designed to enable messages to be sent
    over a Local Area Network (LAN). Typically, a system administrator
    might use it to notify users that the server is about to be shut down.
    Because it uses the same TCP/IP communication standard as the
    Internet, such messages can also be sent over the Internet. Windows XP
    ships with Messenger Service turned on by default and this blunder has
    been exploited by spammers to pump out spam to every enabled system
    they can find. Some even advertise programs to stop it -- a scam, as
    no software is needed to turn the service off.
    from:
    http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=63024&message=412728
    unluckylanding, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    thanks for youre help i do have search and destroy and all the others u
    have recomended thay do the job briliantly but not when it come to my
    problem it still came up so i foult if my compis gona break ill do it
    with a fight so i found some softwere calld Windows Registry Repair Pro
    it is free to download but u nead to pay to fix all the problems but as
    it has no memory if u scan it once and find it has thirty things rong
    fix 15 with the first scan and scan it again because it forgets it gave
    u 15 already it dus it again and if u have more just cary on doing it
    till thay r gone the mesage hasent come up since and ther is no
    problems i can find
    , Oct 26, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > thanks for youre help i do have search and destroy and all the others
    > u have recomended thay do the job briliantly but not when it come to
    > my problem it still came up so i foult if my compis gona break ill do
    > it with a fight so i found some softwere calld Windows Registry
    > Repair Pro it is free to download but u nead to pay to fix all the
    > problems but as it has no memory if u scan it once and find it has
    > thirty things rong fix 15 with the first scan and scan it again
    > because it forgets it gave u 15 already it dus it again and if u have
    > more just cary on doing it till thay r gone the mesage hasent come up
    > since and ther is no problems i can find

    You don't need that software. It's not going to fix your problem. That's not
    what it was written for.

    See the post from unluckylanding - that could be what you're dealing with.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 26, 2005
  6. xray10b Guest

    You should always be carefull with these scams,letting these tinker with the
    registry is dodgy.You should remove the program they have supplied you,every
    trace.

    xray10b, Oct 26, 2005