    whome Guest

    Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    release.

    whome, Aug 14, 2006

  2. whome

    Kent Smith Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    > release.

    Late Nov last I heard

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 14, 2006

  3. whome

    Vista Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message
    > Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    > release.

    Delay is due to the problems they are having with the copyright feature with
    playing hidef blue ray movies. I wonder if blueray will become another
    betamax.

    Vista, Aug 14, 2006
  4. whome

    whome Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > "whome" <> wrote in message
    >> Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    >> release.
    >>

    > Delay is due to the problems they are having with the copyright feature
    > with playing hidef blue ray movies. I wonder if blueray will become
    > another betamax.

    So, a games console is being held up by it's movie playing capabilities?
    Methinks Sony are up the wrong track on this.

    Oh for the days of sega megadrive and sonic the hedgehog.

    whome, Aug 14, 2006
  5. whome

    Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:46:57 +1200, "Vista" <> wrote:

    >"whome" <> wrote in message
    >> Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    >> release.
    >>

    >Delay is due to the problems they are having with the copyright feature with
    >playing hidef blue ray movies. I wonder if blueray will become another
    >betamax.

    Arr but Betamax never died, it ended up being use in Commercial Portable TV
    Cameras..

    What really killed Beta max what the High technical skills and tools needed to
    service them, I still have 3 working machines and one was used the Other
    night to record Egypt.

    , Aug 14, 2006
  6. whome

    XPD Guest

    wrote:

    > What really killed Beta max what the High technical skills and tools needed to
    > service them, I still have 3 working machines and one was used the Other
    > night to record Egypt.

    Are you ego stroking again ?

    XPD, Aug 14, 2006
  7. whome

    Vista Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:46:57 +1200, "Vista" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"whome" <> wrote in message
    >>> Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent
    >>> upcoming
    >>> release.
    >>>

    >>Delay is due to the problems they are having with the copyright feature
    >>with
    >>playing hidef blue ray movies. I wonder if blueray will become another
    >>betamax.
    >>

    > Arr but Betamax never died, it ended up being use in Commercial Portable
    > TV
    > Cameras..
    >
    > What really killed Beta max what the High technical skills and tools
    > needed to
    > service them, I still have 3 working machines and one was used the
    > Other
    > night to record Egypt.

    I suspect in the future, DVD drives will be able to play both HD formats,
    both Blueray and HDDVD. Consumers like simplicity.

    Vista, Aug 14, 2006
  8. whome

    Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:47:53 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >"whome" <> wrote in message
    >> Whatever happened to the Playstation 3? Seems to be on permanent upcoming
    >> release.

    >Late Nov last I heard

    2007..?

    >-KENT