    ask it.

    Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
    all shops selling them for the same prices ??

    David Butler, Dec 28, 2004

  2. David Butler

    David Butler Guest

    yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

    Maybe I will save my money for now

    David Butler, Dec 28, 2004

  3. David Butler

    David Butler, Dec 28, 2004
  4. David Butler

    XPD Guest

    > yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out
    >
    > Maybe I will save my money for now

    Local shops around here (Nth Shore, AKL) seem to have them in stock......

    XPD, Dec 28, 2004
  5. David Butler

    XPD Guest

    XPD, Dec 28, 2004
  6. David Butler wrote:
    > This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else to
    > ask it.

    > Are there any good deals around for the new PS2 Consoles and games or are
    > all shops selling them for the same prices ??

    EB are selling the older ones that people have traded in for the newer
    ones. I think they're $169

    the new ones are all the same price give or take a bit of margin, ~$255

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 28, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 28, 2004
  8. David Butler wrote:
    > yes, I've tried a few shops, but they were sold out

    EB and Central Park in Dunedin both had stock yesterday.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 28, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 28, 2004
  10. David Butler

    Richard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > EB are selling the older ones that people have traded in for the newer
    > ones. I think they're $169
    >
    > the new ones are all the same price give or take a bit of margin, ~$255

    The only reason I can think for trading in is if the laser in the old one is
    shagged, so I would avoid the trades myself.

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004
  11. David Butler

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004
  12. Richard wrote:
    >> EB are selling the older ones that people have traded in for the newer
    >> ones. I think they're $169

    >> the new ones are all the same price give or take a bit of margin, ~$255

    > The only reason I can think for trading in is if the laser in the old
    > one is shagged, so I would avoid the trades myself.

    that and the new ones come with 10/100 networking, and two USB ports...

    also official support for reading DVDr/rw disks too.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004
  14. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> The only reason I can think for trading in is if the laser in the old
    >> one is shagged, so I would avoid the trades myself.

    > that and the new ones come with 10/100 networking, and two USB ports...
    > also official support for reading DVDr/rw disks too.

    oh, and are ~1/4 the size of the old ones, very very cool.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004
  16. David Butler

    James West Guest

    James West, Dec 29, 2004
  17. David Butler

    James West, Dec 29, 2004
  18. David Butler

    Richard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > that and the new ones come with 10/100 networking, and two USB ports...
    >
    > also official support for reading DVDr/rw disks too.

    But on the slim one you cant add a HDD, and I havent ever had a problem with
    dvd+r or +rw on my aincint ps2, there are also 2 usb ports on the old style one.

    The external powerbrick is a turnoff tho, and also needing a different multitap.
    Also the people that mod the slim ones seem to be charging a premium for it, its
    being so long since I have looked at PS2 modding that I wouldnt know where to
    look for the info on doing it, but being smaller I imagine that all the
    solderpoints are smaller too.

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004
  19. David Butler

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004
  20. David Butler

    Jerry Guest

    James West wrote:
    > HUH,
    >
    > Dream on no one has any stock......all sold out b4 xmas
    >
    > the great USA ran out early Dec and people were auctioning them on EBay for
    > $1000 US I hear
    >
    > James

    Shipments to the US and Europe were stalled because ships carrying them
    were stuck in the Suez Canal behind a broken supertanker. That didn't
    affect playstations to NZ.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 29, 2004