    the file, but opens multiple screens of www.windows.com........., and keeps
    opening them until I stop winamp

    Help?

    SimonJ, May 15, 2005

  2. SimonJ

    Dr. Bill Guest

    SimonJ wrote:
    > Whenever I try to play a .wma file, winamp starts up, then it will
    > not play the file, but opens multiple screens of
    > www.windows.com........., and keeps opening them until I stop winamp
    >
    > Help?

    Microsoft's DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology. Billy Goat is after
    your money.
    http://www.chat11.com/Remove_Wma_Copy_Protection , very difficult to bypass
    and only with quality loss.

    Dr. Bill, May 15, 2005

  3. SimonJ

    SimonJ Guest

    "Dr. Bill" <> wrote in message
    > SimonJ wrote:
    > > Whenever I try to play a .wma file, winamp starts up, then it will
    > > not play the file, but opens multiple screens of
    > > www.windows.com........., and keeps opening them until I stop winamp
    > >
    > > Help?

    > Microsoft's DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology. Billy Goat is

    after
    > your money.
    > http://www.chat11.com/Remove_Wma_Copy_Protection , very difficult to

    bypass
    > and only with quality loss.

    I can see why that would open a windows.com window, but why does it open
    multiple times (last time it opened 43 by the time I managed to shut down
    WMP)?

    SimonJ, May 15, 2005
  4. SimonJ

    Dr. Bill Guest

    SimonJ wrote:
    > "Dr. Bill" <> wrote in message
    >> SimonJ wrote:
    >>> Whenever I try to play a .wma file, winamp starts up, then it will
    >>> not play the file, but opens multiple screens of
    >>> www.windows.com........., and keeps opening them until I stop winamp
    >>>
    >>> Help?

    >> Microsoft's DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology. Billy Goat
    >> is after your money.
    >> http://www.chat11.com/Remove_Wma_Copy_Protection , very difficult to
    >> bypass and only with quality loss.
    >>

    > I can see why that would open a windows.com window, but why does it
    > open multiple times (last time it opened 43 by the time I managed to
    > shut down WMP)?

    43 wma files in your playlist?
    The file triggers windows.com for you to go there and buy their products.
    Read all about it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm/default.aspx
    http://cryptome.org/ms-drm.htm

    Dr. Bill, May 16, 2005