    to do that?
    Thank you

    , Jul 30, 2006

  2. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I own a Benq DC2410 which is able to capture live video and play it
    > back in its little LCD screen. The recorded video is in Motion JPEG,
    > 320x200, ADPCM audio.
    >
    > I would like to upload to the camera one of the videos I captured
    > removing some parts and removing the audio to save room (it doesn't
    > have an speaker to play it back anyway). Problem is the camera doesn't
    > like to play any video modified outside. If I just copy, rename and
    > upload a video file it will play it, but if I just open and save the
    > file with VirtualDub for example, (Direct stream copy for audio and
    > video - no recompression) it'll not play it, even when the file was not
    > altered.
    >
    > Is that some sort of protection or am I doing something wrong? Any way
    > to do that?
    > Thank you

    You will find if you have modified still pictures in any way the camera
    will refuse to display them. Cameras are VERY sensitive about what
    they'll display even just altering the file name can make the camera
    refuse. Get yourself a small DVD player (one with a built-in screen)

    Stewy, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Guest

    > You will find if you have modified still pictures in any way the camera
    > will refuse to display them. Cameras are VERY sensitive about what
    > they'll display even just altering the file name can make the camera
    > refuse. Get yourself a small DVD player (one with a built-in screen)

    We've figured out how to put photos back onto digital cameras, but
    still haven't figured out how to put videos back on to them. We'd love
    to hear from anyone that figures it out.
    http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/..._Sony_digital_camera_as_a_picture_viewer.html
    http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/...n/Can_i_use_my_camera_to_read_an_ebook_..html

    Chieh

    , Aug 1, 2006