    The expert has the Conexant BT880
    cheers
    Dane

    Dane, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Dane

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:11:44 +1300, "Dane" <>
    wrote:

    >Wondering if its possible to run sky on a leadtek 2000xp expert edition.
    >I know it works on the delux version.
    >The expert has the Conexant BT880
    >cheers
    >Dane

    No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    Gurble, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Dane

    Barry Phease Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:16:36 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:11:44 +1300, "Dane" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Wondering if its possible to run sky on a leadtek 2000xp expert edition.
    >>I know it works on the delux version.
    >>The expert has the Conexant BT880
    >>cheers
    >>Dane
    >>

    > No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    Not quite true! The newer chip has fewer drivers available, but you may
    be able to get exoTV to work with it.

    --
    Barry Phease

    mailto://
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~barryp

    Barry Phease, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Dane

    Steve Guest

    Gurble wrote
    > Dane wrote:
    >
    > >Wondering if its possible to run sky on a leadtek 2000xp expert edition.
    > >I know it works on the delux version.
    > >The expert has the Conexant BT880
    > >cheers
    > >Dane
    > >

    > No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    And what do you do if you have the Deluxe version if you want to watch
    Sky?

    Steve.

    Steve, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Dane

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:05:22 +1300, "Steve" <> wrote:

    >Gurble wrote
    >> Dane wrote:
    >>
    >> >Wondering if its possible to run sky on a leadtek 2000xp expert edition.
    >> >I know it works on the delux version.
    >> >The expert has the Conexant BT880
    >> >cheers
    >> >Dane
    >> >

    >> No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    >And what do you do if you have the Deluxe version if you want to watch
    >Sky?
    >
    >Steve.

    Google HVCPLUS (for scientific experimentation only, of course).

    Gurble, Dec 14, 2003
  6. Dane

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:54:47 +1300, Barry Phease <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:16:36 +1300, Gurble wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:11:44 +1300, "Dane" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Wondering if its possible to run sky on a leadtek 2000xp expert edition.
    >>>I know it works on the delux version.
    >>>The expert has the Conexant BT880
    >>>cheers
    >>>Dane
    >>>

    >> No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    >Not quite true! The newer chip has fewer drivers available, but you may
    >be able to get exoTV to work with it.

    Haven't tried ExoTV - any good? (Then again, I only tried HVCPlus for
    about 5 mins to see what it was like).

    HVCPlus was near perfect using the Deluxe version of the card.

    Gurble, Dec 14, 2003
  7. Gurble wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:54:47 +1300, Barry Phease <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:16:36 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    >>> No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    >> Not quite true! The newer chip has fewer drivers available, but you
    >> may be able to get exoTV to work with it.

    > Haven't tried ExoTV - any good? (Then again, I only tried HVCPlus for
    > about 5 mins to see what it was like).
    >
    > HVCPlus was near perfect using the Deluxe version of the card.

    I tried it but I couldn't get it to work with the Phillips chip in my card
    (FlyVideo2000)

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Dane

    Barry Phease Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:48:09 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:54:47 +1300, Barry Phease <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:16:36 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    >>> No. You need the Deluxe version with the BT878.

    >>Not quite true! The newer chip has fewer drivers available, but you may
    >>be able to get exoTV to work with it.

    > Haven't tried ExoTV - any good? (Then again, I only tried HVCPlus for
    > about 5 mins to see what it was like).
    >
    > HVCPlus was near perfect using the Deluxe version of the card.

    ExoTV works better for free to air channels than the software that came
    with the card (in my configuration anyway). It has videocrypt decode
    functionality, but I didn't find it very good. Probably I would have had
    to have had better reception. I only tried it once. There are a lot of
    parameters to play with which might have improved things.

    I am more interested in getting the card to work with Linux, but the
    drivers are still alpha quality (and only for the latest kernel).

    Barry Phease, Dec 14, 2003
  9. Dane

    Stuart Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > > Haven't tried ExoTV - any good? (Then again, I only tried HVCPlus for
    > > about 5 mins to see what it was like).
    > >
    > > HVCPlus was near perfect using the Deluxe version of the card.

    > I tried it but I couldn't get it to work with the Phillips chip in my card
    > (FlyVideo2000)

    There's a thread on theforum.de about flyvideo. I eventually got it to work
    with ExoTV, but Videocrypt didn't work too well.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Dec 15, 2003