    region-free player but I don't know how to play PAL discs.

    Advice please.

    -DVDfanatico
    DVDfanatico, Feb 8, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    Bill Guest

    Someone else mentioned an inexpensive Philips player the other day that will
    convert PAL discs to NTSC. I have no firsthand knowledge of the player, but
    it's $70.84 at Amazon.com:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...27413-7297434?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

    According to one user who reviewed the product at Amazon, the player's
    regional coding can be defeated as follows:

    <<Just open the tray , press 9999 and 0 from remote with pauses between
    every digit.You'll see Region 0 on the screen and you are all set to play
    any DVD from any region!!!>>

    "DVDfanatico" <> wrote in message
    > How do people whho have region free players play PAL discs? Don't you

    need an

    Bill, Feb 8, 2004

  3. DVDfanatico

    nrawson Guest

    I have a Daewoo S151. It comes with NTSC output as the default. You just
    insert the DVD and watch it. Apparently the converter is built in.

    nrawson, Feb 8, 2004
  4. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Thanks for the tip.

    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Feb 8, 2004
  5. DVDfanatico

    ML-78 Guest

    > How do people whho have region free players play PAL discs? Don't you
    need an
    > PAL to NTSC converter.

    Most region free players have built in converters so it shouldn't be a
    problem. The optimal solution is, of course, to have a multi-standard TV
    set and have the player output a pure PAL signal.

    ML-78
    ML-78, Feb 8, 2004
  6. DVDfanatico

    jayembee Guest

    (DVDfanatico) wrote:

    >How do people whho have region free players play PAL discs? Don't you
    >need an PAL to NTSC converter. I love foreign movies so I wouldn't mind
    >getting a region-free player but I don't know how to play PAL discs.

    Most region-free players will do standards-conversion as well. Mine
    doesn't, so I do need an outboard converter, but most do.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Feb 8, 2004
  7. On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:11:28 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > (DVDfanatico) wrote:
    >
    >>How do people whho have region free players play PAL discs? Don't you
    >>need an PAL to NTSC converter. I love foreign movies so I wouldn't mind
    >>getting a region-free player but I don't know how to play PAL discs.

    >Most region-free players will do standards-conversion as well. Mine
    >doesn't, so I do need an outboard converter, but most do.
    >
    >-- jayembee

    My converted JVC XV-S500, that plays all zones, converts PAL discs to
    provide an NTSC output to my TV, via my home theatre amplifier. It has
    provided me faithful service for over a year, so far.

    Charles
    nzvideos.org
    Charles Eggen, Feb 9, 2004