    How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will play
    on a conventional HiFi?

    Ta!
    Gordon, May 25, 2006

  2. Gordon

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Gordon
    <> wrote:

    > How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will play
    > on a conventional HiFi?
    >
    > Ta!

    Output it to a CD in Audio CD format
    or connect a device that can play it to the input port.
    Mitch, May 25, 2006

  3. Gordon

    Peaches Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    > play on a conventional HiFi?
    >
    > Ta!

    You could connect the line out of your soundcard to any spare
    line-in on your HiFi system, and play them direct from your PC.
    Or if you want to burn to CD, well you could use Win Media player
    to convert them to WAV and save them to a folder, then use
    your burning software (Nero etc) which, though WAV is a windows
    audio format, all burning software will be able to convert WAV files
    to CDDA which is the CD format.
    You should remember that MP3 is a highly compressed format,
    and when "converting" to CDDA, it cannot reconstitute the discarded
    information when originally compressed, you will have a CD 16 bit
    copy of a highly compressed MP3.
    Peaches, May 25, 2006
  4. Gordon

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    > play on a conventional HiFi?

    Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    Meat Plow, May 25, 2006
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    >> play on a conventional HiFi?
    >>

    > Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
    audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....
    Gordon, May 25, 2006
  6. Gordon

    dadiOH Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that
    >>> will play on a conventional HiFi?
    >>>

    >> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    > So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
    > pre-recorded audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

    CDA is a Windows way of showing you what is on the CD, not really a format.
    The diference in waves on a computer and what is on an audio CD is not in
    the data itself but in the way it is arranged on the media.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, May 25, 2006
  7. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    >> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
    >> pre-recorded audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

    > CDA is a Windows way of showing you what is on the CD, not really a
    > format.
    > The diference in waves on a computer and what is on an audio CD is not in
    > the data itself but in the way it is arranged on the media.

    Thanks - so if I convert my MP3 files to .WAV and burn that they will play
    in a conventional CD player?
    Gordon, May 25, 2006
  8. Gordon

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Gordon
    <> wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    > >
    > >> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    > >> play on a conventional HiFi?
    > >>

    > > Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    > So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
    > audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

    No, that's not all --
    He was just showing you that there is a conversion step involved.

    You also need to set the burn format in the program to AUDIO CD -- and
    then the program will know how to make the disc, and will use the WAV
    files to convert to the proper format (CDDA, a form of AIFF).

    There are several other differences between a data CD and an AUDIO CD,
    not least of which is that they read in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!
    So it is obviously critical to know you are not making a computer disc,
    but and AUDIO CD.
    Mitch, May 25, 2006
  9. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Gordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >> > Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    >> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
    >> pre-recorded
    >> audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....
    >>

    > No, that's not all --
    > He was just showing you that there is a conversion step involved.
    >
    > You also need to set the burn format in the program to AUDIO CD -- and
    > then the program will know how to make the disc, and will use the WAV
    > files to convert to the proper format (CDDA, a form of AIFF).
    >
    > There are several other differences between a data CD and an AUDIO CD,
    > not least of which is that they read in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!
    > So it is obviously critical to know you are not making a computer disc,
    > but and AUDIO CD.

    Ahh- Thanks for the explanation!
    Gordon, May 25, 2006
  10. Gordon

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:55:22 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    >>> play on a conventional HiFi?
    >>>

    >> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

    > So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
    > audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

    The wav files are converted to .cda and will play in any cd player capable
    of playing a cdr.

    Meat Plow, May 25, 2006
  11. Gordon

    Scraggy Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that
    > will play on a conventional HiFi?
    >
    > Ta!

    Gordon,
    In addition to all the other advice, I would advocate the use of an FM
    transmitter. It saves all the fannying about and you can receive it anywhere
    in the house.
    Just a thought.

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, May 25, 2006
  12. Gordon

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Mitch <> wrote in news:250520060136584040%:

    > There are several other differences between a data CD and an AUDIO CD,
    > not least of which is that they read in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!

    Are you sure, Mitch? I thought both are read from the inside rim outwards.

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, May 25, 2006
  13. Gordon

    BIG NIGE Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
    > play on a conventional HiFi?

    Nero Burning software

    Choose to create an Audio CD

    Drag n Drop MP3 files into folder

    Watch the bar across the bottom to see how many you can fit on CD

    BURN (Nero will create the Audio CD Directly from MP3 Format, no need to
    change file format beforehand)
    BIG NIGE, May 25, 2006