    printed directory. I'd appreciate any information from someone who has
    experience in this. Thanks much.

    , Sep 13, 2003

  2. > I have a concern about the mp3 filenames. One
    >of the online manuals mentions iso9660 file names. From what I can
    >understand of the technical gobbledygook, this is a filename with only
    >eight characters and a three character extension, so basically the old
    >filename standards.

    ISO-9660 is specific character sets that can be used in creating the file
    names.

    You mean writing files that are ISO mode 1 with ISO-9660 characters.

    ISO mode 1 only allows up to eight characters with three character extensions.
    ISO mode 2 allows up to 31 characters, so check to see if the player in
    question supports filenames written in ISO-9660, ISO mode 2. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 13, 2003