    something to play MP2 but has yet to try Firefox (I'm
    trying to persuade him to install Firefox).

    Andy J.
    Andy J., Jan 18, 2006

  2. Andy J. wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me if Firefox can play MP2 files? I'm
    > asking on behalf of a Windows using friend who needs
    > something to play MP2 but has yet to try Firefox (I'm
    > trying to persuade him to install Firefox).
    >
    > Andy J.

    Firefox cannot handle them natively, but I don't think any browser can.
    If you have a appropriate plugin installed for these files, FF will call
    on that plugin to play them.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Andy J.

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Andy J. wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me if Firefox can play MP2 files? I'm
    >> asking on behalf of a Windows using friend who needs
    >> something to play MP2 but has yet to try Firefox (I'm
    >> trying to persuade him to install Firefox).
    >>
    >> Andy J.

    > mp2? Did you mean mp3? Ok, either way, Winamp will play just about
    > anything given the right plugin.
    >
    > http://www.winamp.com

    There is an mp2 format. The sites I looked suggested converting them to
    mp3's. I don't know, I make my own music. ;)

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Andy J.

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Andy J. wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me if Firefox can play MP2 files? I'm
    >>> asking on behalf of a Windows using friend who needs
    >>> something to play MP2 but has yet to try Firefox (I'm
    >>> trying to persuade him to install Firefox).
    >>>
    >>> Andy J.

    >> mp2? Did you mean mp3? Ok, either way, Winamp will play just about
    >> anything given the right plugin.
    >>
    >> http://www.winamp.com
    >>

    > There is an mp2 format. The sites I looked suggested converting them to
    > mp3's. I don't know, I make my own music. ;)
    >
    > Lee

    Indeed. There is (was?) an mp2 format but it never was widely adopted.
    I got into the computer/music thing back in about '00 and never used
    mp2. Just checked the 7,000 songs on the server here and I've got mp3,
    wma, and some FLAC files. 99% of them are mp3.

    I make my own music too, Lee. This one was a live 8-channel digital
    master which I mixed down to stereo and then encoded to mp3.

    http://edmullen4.home.comcast.net/11-2003SaturdaySet1-TheWatchmansGone.mp3

    Recorded live at Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY, April 2003. Not too
    bad for a bunch of old folkies. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net