    Before I upgraded to XP IE6 played midi files with Cakewalk.
    Now, it plays these files with Quicktime.

    How can I configure IE6 to play midi files with a program of my choosing?

    aardvark, Mar 19, 2007

  2. aardvark

    meerkat Guest

    "aardvark" <> wrote in message
    news:QiALh.14872$...
    > Before I upgraded to XP IE6 played midi files with Cakewalk.
    > Now, it plays these files with Quicktime.
    >
    > How can I configure IE6 to play midi files with a program of my choosing?

    Right click on a midi file, and click `open with`.
    Choose the program you want it to open with.
    Tick the box (always open with).
    Of course the program must be able to play midi files.

    I use Midi Orchestrator (made backward compatible)
    in XP.

    meerkat, Mar 19, 2007

  3. aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:06:40 +0000, aardvark wrote:

    > Before I upgraded to XP IE6 played midi files with Cakewalk.
    > Now, it plays these files with Quicktime.
    >
    > How can I configure IE6 to play midi files with a program of my choosing?

    Just to make it clear- the OP is not now, nor ever has been, me.

    Aardvark

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06