    Sony DVD Rw DRU 800A KY06 ?
    Thanks,
    BC
    B Crawford, Dec 27, 2007

  2. B Crawford

    T.B. Guest

    "B Crawford" wrote:

    > Hi Group,
    > I guess I haven't kept up with things. Have this great HD-dvd set 'planet
    > earth' that I guess only plays on HD-DVD players. Is there any software or
    > firm ware upgrades that might allow you to play this on a computer with a
    > Sony DVD Rw DRU 800A KY06 ?
    > Thanks,
    > BC

    No. You need a internal/external pc player or standalone player that
    specifically plays that format disc. There's no software "upgrade"
    workaround.

    T.B.
    T.B., Dec 27, 2007

  3. On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:58:18 -0800, "T.B." <>
    wrote:

    >"B Crawford" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Group,
    >> I guess I haven't kept up with things. Have this great HD-dvd set 'planet
    >> earth' that I guess only plays on HD-DVD players. Is there any software or
    >> firm ware upgrades that might allow you to play this on a computer with a
    >> Sony DVD Rw DRU 800A KY06 ?
    >> Thanks,
    >> BC

    >No. You need a internal/external pc player or standalone player that
    >specifically plays that format disc. There's no software "upgrade"
    >workaround.
    >
    >T.B.

    There is a firmware upgrade. It is called an XBox 360 HDDVD USB
    External drive, and THEN you need HD DVD capable software to play it too.

    Time to take the dive. You won't regret it.

    You would, however, be better off buying an actual stand alone HD DVD
    player from Toshiba, or a combo player from LG or the like.

    I hope you have an HDTV too!
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 28, 2007