    And would they need any kind of adapters at all? Would be using
    BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!

    , Dec 3, 2008

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:20:12 -0500, wrote:

    <Sigh WebTV)..

    >Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there??

    The games that state "Mac" on them? Yes.

    >What brand of Mac would be best suited for this??

    The one made my Mac.

    >And would they need any kind of adapters at all?

    Adapters? For what?

    >Would be using BroadBand.

    Ummmm.... OK...

    Evan Platt, Dec 3, 2008

  3. DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    was claimed to have wrote:

    >Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there?? What brand
    >of Mac would be best suited for this??
    >
    >And would they need any kind of adapters at all? Would be using
    >BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!

    There was this "I'm a Mac" commercial that somehow never made it to
    air...

    Mac goes off on some rant about how he's the entertainment computer and
    PCs are all business.
    PC: "Great, well I'm done for the day, I think I'll go play a game"
    Mac: "Hey, that sounds like fun! Which one?"
    PC: "All of them"

    Then a quick cut to Mac wanting to play PC games, but not having the
    money left after paying too much for commodity grade PC hardware with
    the fruity logo on it.

    DevilsPGD, Dec 3, 2008
  4. catchme Guest

    catchme, Dec 3, 2008
  5. catchme Guest

    philo wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there?? What brand
    >> of Mac would be best suited for this??
    >>
    >> And would they need any kind of adapters at all? Would be using
    >> BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!
    >>

    > http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/tetris-for-mac.html

    tetris? thats the best you can come up with?
    well at least you didnt link to an old text-based rpg.....

    catchme, Dec 3, 2008
  6. catchme Guest

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <>
    > was claimed to have wrote:
    >
    >> Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there?? What brand
    >> of Mac would be best suited for this??
    >>
    >> And would they need any kind of adapters at all? Would be using
    >> BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!

    > There was this "I'm a Mac" commercial that somehow never made it to
    > air...
    >
    > Mac goes off on some rant about how he's the entertainment computer and
    > PCs are all business.
    > PC: "Great, well I'm done for the day, I think I'll go play a game"
    > Mac: "Hey, that sounds like fun! Which one?"
    > PC: "All of them"
    >
    > Then a quick cut to Mac wanting to play PC games, but not having the
    > money left after paying too much for commodity grade PC hardware with
    > the fruity logo on it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Macintosh_games
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games

    my best mac analogy, is that of the Porsche v. the Civic.
    fewer people can afford a porsche, and there arent as many mods
    available for it, but nothing can beat its elegance and superior design.
    Even the custom parts built for the porsche are of better quality than
    most Civic parts. Does anyone really care if all parts arent compatible?
    Hell NO!
    Sure, you can tune up a Civic to run faster than a porsche, but doing so
    usually costs more than just buying a porsche- and isnt that what you
    (the PC) REALLY want?
    me, i have a few old porshes, but couldnt afford a newer one- i bought a
    Civic and I hate it!
    When I buy a Porsche, I will give this Civic to my wife.
    Mac- be glad you have a Porsche!
    Civics- be real. Buy a Mac!

    catchme, Dec 3, 2008
  7. LowRider Guest

    ROH5 wrote

    > Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there?? What brand
    > of Mac would be best suited for this??
    >
    > And would they need any kind of adapters at all? Would be using
    > BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!

    I think a friend plays all his PC games on Macs by running
    the program Parallels Desktop. The Parallels program allows
    him to run XP on the Mac. He swears XP runs better on the
    Mac than on his other dedicated Windows PCs. This is all
    secondhand info, use Google & go from there.

    LowRider, Dec 3, 2008
  8. Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:20:12 -0500, wrote:

    >Are Macs set up to play the newest type of games out there??

    Yes.

    >What brand of Mac would be best suited for this??

    I recommend the Apple brand due to it being the only Mac available.

    >And would they need any kind of adapters at all?

    You may need something to boost your intelligence.

    >Would be using BroadBand. Thanks all for any comments!

    Hope this helps.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Dec 3, 2008
  9. catchme Guest

    Russ (www.SBITS.Biz) wrote:
    > "catchme" <> wrote in message
    >> DevilsPGD wrote:

    >>> There was this "I'm a Mac" commercial that somehow never made it to
    >>> air... Mac goes off on some rant about how he's the entertainment
    >>> computer and
    >>> PCs are all business.
    >>> PC: "Great, well I'm done for the day, I think I'll go play a game"
    >>> Mac: "Hey, that sounds like fun! Which one?"
    >>> PC: "All of them"
    >>>
    >>> Then a quick cut to Mac wanting to play PC games, but not having the
    >>> money left after paying too much for commodity grade PC hardware with
    >>> the fruity logo on it.

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Macintosh_games
    >> http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games
    >>
    >> my best mac analogy, is that of the Porsche v. the Civic.
    >> fewer people can afford a porsche, and there arent as many mods available
    >> for it, but nothing can beat its elegance and superior design.
    >> Even the custom parts built for the porsche are of better quality than
    >> most Civic parts. Does anyone really care if all parts arent compatible?
    >> Hell NO!
    >> Sure, you can tune up a Civic to run faster than a porsche, but doing so
    >> usually costs more than just buying a porsche- and isnt that what you (the
    >> PC) REALLY want?
    >> me, i have a few old porshes, but couldnt afford a newer one- i bought a
    >> Civic and I hate it!
    >> When I buy a Porsche, I will give this Civic to my wife.
    >> Mac- be glad you have a Porsche!
    >> Civics- be real. Buy a Mac!

    > Using that analogy
    > You have a Porsche that can only drive on 10% of the roads?
    > And what good is going fast and looking good do you?
    > If you can't get where you want/need to go?

    the only road you travel, is the information superhighway....and most
    machines (Mac, Windows, NeXT, Amiga, Tandy, etc) built after 1994 can
    handle it.
    Some of the older machines obviously must use the slow lane (dial- up?)

    > A Civic on the other hand can Drive anywhere and do anything
    > Cheap Reliable and Still has Value after years of service.

    my oldest Porsche was made in 1990, has no hard drive (o/s/ installs in
    ROM) and cruises along at 8mhz, on 512k RAM.
    it has a version of Microsoft Works (Bill Gates began writing software
    FOR Mac, BEFORE he bought DOS) and everything runs the same as the day
    it left the factory.

    > A Porsche cost Big Bucks to repair and are prone to unfixable problems.
    > And people who buy Porsches usually are compensating for something... ;) LOL

    never had any problems with repairs yet.

    > Me, get me a reliable Civic any day...
    >
    > -Russ

    my Civic isn't so reliable.
    the way its been sounding lately, i swear its got muffler trouble.

    catchme, Dec 3, 2008
  10. DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Russ
    \(www.SBITS.Biz\)" <> was claimed to have
    wrote:

    >Yes run XP ontop of the Mac
    >then you can run all your games..

    Sounds about right. Of course if you're going to run Windows, you may
    as well save yourself a good chunk of change and buy a PC instead.

    DevilsPGD, Dec 5, 2008
  11. catchme Guest

    Russ (www.SBITS.Biz) wrote:
    > You don't get it do you...

    get wot?
    perhaps it is YOU who dont get it, having blithely rehashed all the
    stereotypes of macintosh computers, without ever having ever EXPERIENCED
    using one.
    I began searching your "10% of roads" quote, and found the quip was an
    old reference to the Mac O/S never exceeding 10% of Windows' market
    share. Somehow this reference was meant to imply that Macs were "not
    compatible" with Windows, in the sense that the two could not communicate.
    In almost every sense, this was proven false, the exception being that
    you could not install a Macintosh application in a Windows machine.
    One could STILL read documents created by Macintosh applications on a
    Windows machine, and vice-versa.
    10% pf market share is not a big deal.
    Does Porsche want to lower the cost of THEIR cars to compete with Honda
    Civics' market share?
    see- it is YOU that "don't get it".

    catchme, Dec 5, 2008
  12. catchme Guest

    Russ (www.SBITS.Biz) wrote:
    > Only one adapter needed to play all the current Cool games.

    Sony playstation- BMW.
    XBox- Ford Focus

    catchme, Dec 5, 2008
  13. Barry OGrady Guest