    JK Sinrod
    www.sinrodstudios.com
    www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

    Glassman, May 2, 2006

  2. Glassman

    gwtc Guest

    Glassman wrote:

    > OK I give up. I've tried every plugin I could find including Quicktime,
    > and still no sound with webpage embedded midi's, (using the old "bgsound"
    > command in Frontpage), with version 1.5... anyone have a fix for this, and
    > step by step instructions on making it work? You can try either of the links
    > below to see if you can hear them..... thanks!

    bgsound is an IE only thing. There is an extension you can get:
    http://bgmconductor.svist.net/, but I don't know anything about it.

    --
    How to Get a Life
    Difficulty Level: Hard

    gwtc, May 2, 2006

  3. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "gwtc" <37> wrote in message
    > Glassman wrote:
    >
    > > OK I give up. I've tried every plugin I could find including

    Quicktime,
    > > and still no sound with webpage embedded midi's, (using the old

    "bgsound"
    > > command in Frontpage), with version 1.5... anyone have a fix for this,

    and
    > > step by step instructions on making it work? You can try either of the

    links
    > > below to see if you can hear them..... thanks!
    > >

    > bgsound is an IE only thing. There is an extension you can get:
    > http://bgmconductor.svist.net/, but I don't know anything about it.
    >
    > --

    Thanks but won't work on the new version...

    Glassman, May 2, 2006
  4. Glassman wrote:
    > "gwtc" <37> wrote in message
    >> Glassman wrote:
    >>
    >>> OK I give up. I've tried every plugin I could find including

    > Quicktime,
    >>> and still no sound with webpage embedded midi's, (using the old

    > "bgsound"
    >>> command in Frontpage), with version 1.5... anyone have a fix for this,

    > and
    >>> step by step instructions on making it work? You can try either of the

    > links
    >>> below to see if you can hear them..... thanks!
    >>>

    >> bgsound is an IE only thing. There is an extension you can get:
    >> http://bgmconductor.svist.net/, but I don't know anything about it.
    >>
    >> --

    > Thanks but won't work on the new version...

    See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Background_music_doesn%27t_play> for
    making BGMConductor to install on FF1.5.
    And if you're writing & maintaining the page yourself, the page also
    describes how to replace <bgsound ..> by a a standards-compliant,
    cross-browser <object ...> tag.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

    Roland de Ruiter, May 2, 2006
  5. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "Roland de Ruiter" <> wrote in message
    > Glassman wrote:
    > > "gwtc" <37> wrote in message

    > > Quicktime,

    > > "bgsound"

    > > and

    > > links
    > >>>

    > >> bgsound is an IE only thing. There is an extension you can get:
    > >> http://bgmconductor.svist.net/, but I don't know anything about it.
    > >>
    > >> --

    > > Thanks but won't work on the new version...
    > >

    > See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Background_music_doesn%27t_play> for
    > making BGMConductor to install on FF1.5.
    > And if you're writing & maintaining the page yourself, the page also
    > describes how to replace <bgsound ..> by a a standards-compliant,
    > cross-browser <object ...> tag.
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Roland

    BRILLIANT! After I modified it, and installed it..... it then prompted me
    to reinstall Quicktime as well? I wonder if that may have been the culprit
    all along, or required with BGMconductor? Thanks again!

    Glassman, May 3, 2006