    in Window Media Player 9. Do I need to download or buy a codex or a plug in
    to do this?

    W.E.

    Walter Ego, May 3, 2004

  2. "Walter Ego" <> wrote in message
    news:c75vsi$4c5l$-berlin.de...
    >I recently bought an NEC ND-25OO DVD ROM/WRITER and would like to play
    >DVDs
    > in Window Media Player 9. Do I need to download or buy a codex or a plug
    > in
    > to do this?

    Yes, you will need a decoder pack of some sort. There may be some free ones
    floating around. Here is a link to Microsoft's site that will link you to
    3rd party sellers of DVD and MP3 decoders.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/buypacks.aspx

    Charles Tomaras, May 3, 2004

  3. "Walter Ego" <> wrote in message
    > I recently bought an NEC ND-25OO DVD ROM/WRITER and would like to play

    DVDs
    > in Window Media Player 9. Do I need to download or buy a codex or a plug

    in
    > to do this?
    >
    > W.E.

    I've downloaded DVD X Player Pro and whilst the playback software is time
    limited by 30 days/20 minute playback - The codec isn't and I can use
    Windows Media Player to play DVD's.

    also see thread : "Playing DVDs on a PC ..." started on 29/04/04.

    Stephen Clark, May 3, 2004
  4. Walter Ego

    Biz Guest

    "Walter Ego" <> wrote in message
    > I recently bought an NEC ND-25OO DVD ROM/WRITER and would like to play

    DVDs
    > in Window Media Player 9. Do I need to download or buy a codex or a plug

    in
    > to do this?
    >
    > W.E.

    Yes, you need to buy an mpeg2 decoder plug-in...

    Biz, May 3, 2004
  5. Walter Ego

    Daver Guest

    Look for a DVD which has a PC Friendly player or equivalent on it, this will
    install a codec.
    Can't think of any titles at the moment but when loaded into a PC they offer
    to install a player.

    Daver, May 4, 2004