    it works?

    Thanks
    Jen
    Jen, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Jen

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Jen" <> wrote in message
    news:B8Luf.169749$...

    > I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom
    > drive into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about this
    > and how it works?

    No, but I have a patch that will turn a washing machine into a tumble dryer
    if you're interested.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 4, 2006

  3. "Jen" <> schreef in bericht
    >I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom drive
    >into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about this and how
    >it works?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jen

    It's just a fairytale,
    don't believe it......

    --
    \\\|///
    {--O O--}
    El Capitán©, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Jen wrote:
    > I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom
    > drive into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about
    > this and how it works?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jen

    You may be thinking of a VCD which is a video CD or a ripped
    copy of a DVD. Some folks copy a DVD movie to a CD in the
    VCD or SVCD format after stripping all the extra junk out of
    the DVD leaving just the movie. The VCD will play on a PC's
    CD drive or a DVD player that supports the format.

    http://www.videohelp.com/vcd

    Google dear one, Google.

    The Daring Dufas (google eyed troll)
    The Daring Dufas, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Jen quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom
    > drive into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about
    > this and how it works?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jen

    Sure, and if you want, there are penis-enlargement pills, pills that will add
    50 years to your lifespan, and if you just send $6 to a few addresses, you'll
    be rich beyond your wildest dreams in just a month or two.

    Oh, and remember, Elvis is still alive. According the MIB (Men In Black), he
    just went home...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-
    The Old Sourdough, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Jen

    Jen Guest

    "The Daring Dufas" <> wrote in message
    > Jen wrote:
    >> I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom
    >> drive into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about
    >> this and how it works?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Jen

    > You may be thinking of a VCD which is a video CD or a ripped
    > copy of a DVD. Some folks copy a DVD movie to a CD in the
    > VCD or SVCD format after stripping all the extra junk out of
    > the DVD leaving just the movie. The VCD will play on a PC's
    > CD drive or a DVD player that supports the format.
    >
    > http://www.videohelp.com/vcd
    >
    > Google dear one, Google.

    That's what I'm thinking of, Thanks

    Jen
    Jen, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Jen

    Plato Guest

    Jen wrote:

    > I heard somewhere that there is a program that can change your cd rom drive
    > into a dvd rom drive temporarily. Anybody know anything about this and how
    > it works?

    No such puppie.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/