    Machine is a new Compaq laptop with XP Home.
    Thanks

    John

    john, Apr 26, 2006

  2. john

    1abcgraphic1 Guest

    cesar download

    I will like to to in whick page i can download a program to burn dvds
    with out paying( just download free the program)

    thank you for you time....
    sincerely,
    cesar dominguez

    please send your answer to

    thank you againg ......>.>..>....>>..>>...

    1abcgraphic1, Apr 26, 2006

  3. john

    Peaches Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    > My neighbour has a problem playing discs, originals autoplay and work
    > fine, but any disc that is not original wont run. This doesn't matter
    > what type of file she tries, audio or document.
    > I have clicked on the properties tab for the drive with a disc inserted
    > and it shows a full disc, but with zero bytes. Any help or suggestions
    > appreciated.
    > Machine is a new Compaq laptop with XP Home.
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Update the firmware for that specific drive.
    Visit the Compaq site, ensure correct region for your location.
    Click the Support link, then "downloads"
    Locate that specific laptop model, and the firmware update
    for that specific drive.
    You first identify what firmware is already installed,
    You do this via Device Manager
    RIGHT click the device and select "Properties"
    Click the "Details" tab
    In the drop down menu select "Device Instance Id"
    This details the installed firmware,
    example: if Version b_003 is installed, and you find
    online the latest version is b_014, you only install/update
    to this most recent version, not any inbetween, do not
    update incremental.

    Peaches, Apr 26, 2006
  4. john

    john Guest

    Thanks Peaches, very helpful, unlike the snotty email I recieved
    regarding this!
    The only minor snag is... she is not on the net, her flat has no phone
    etc. I will try and sort something out though, cheers
    John

    john, Apr 26, 2006