    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell
    Patrick D. Rockwell, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    What The! Guest

    rpc1.org

    What The!, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Gary Guest

    Below are some places for hacks/updates to the firmware. You will need to
    check with your OS and software to see if they need to be made region-free
    also.

    http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

    http://www.cdfreaks.com/drive/

    http://forum.firmware-flash.com/dl_utility.php

    http://www.nerd-out.com/darrenk/

    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html

    http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

    http://www.area450.com/hacks/playerhacks.htm

    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html

    and of coarse, http://www.dvdidle.com/

    Have fun and hope they help,

    Gary

    > I just recently learned that my DVD player in my laptop can only change to

    > different region 4 times. Is there a software program that will play
    > region 1 and region 2 DVD's an unlimited number of times? What about VLC?
    > I'm also interested in viewing PAL DVD's as well as NTSC.
    >
    > --
    > Patrick D. Rockwell

    ---
    Gary, Jun 27, 2004