    The Digital Copy of The Dark Knight that came with the movie, is that a
    Blue-Ray CD and also in HD? The Movie Get Smart in Blue-Ray works just fine
    in Dell MediaDirect.
    Viper, Dec 26, 2008

  2. Viper wrote:
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1
    > with all the updates installed. It has a MATSHITA DVDRWBD JU-110 ATA
    > Blue-Ray drive. It also has an HD screen. I also have Dell MediaDirect
    > 3.5 installed. When I go to play The Dark Knight ( Blue-Ray disk) I open
    > Dell MediaDirect and it will not play. It says that I should check for a
    > updates. I have downloaded the latest update and it still will not play.
    > It also will not play in Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player.
    > What do I need download to get this movie to work ? I have tried to find
    > Firmware for my DVDRW Blue-ray drive and have not found any thing.
    >
    > The Digital Copy of The Dark Knight that came with the movie, is that a
    > Blue-Ray CD and also in HD? The Movie Get Smart in Blue-Ray works just
    > fine in Dell MediaDirect.

    Vista is soon to be replaced by "windows 7"...maybe by then Micr0$0ft
    will let you play your movies without all the DRM hassles...but I doubt
    it :)

    HTH
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 26, 2008

  3. Viper

    doS Guest

    "Viper" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1
    >with all the updates installed. It has a MATSHITA DVDRWBD JU-110 ATA
    >Blue-Ray drive. It also has an HD screen. I also have Dell MediaDirect 3.5
    >installed. When I go to play The Dark Knight ( Blue-Ray disk) I open Dell
    >MediaDirect and it will not play. It says that I should check for a
    >updates. I have downloaded the latest update and it still will not play. It
    >also will not play in Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player. What do
    >I need download to get this movie to work ? I have tried to find Firmware
    >for my DVDRW Blue-ray drive and have not found any thing.

    dark knight is encrypted with some new technoligy,shame WB decided to use it
    for testing on such a good film.

    > The Digital Copy of The Dark Knight that came with the movie, is that a
    > Blue-Ray CD and also in HD?

    uh no................

    doS, Dec 27, 2008
  4. Does it play in a regular BD DVD player for your TV.

    The Real Truth MVP, Dec 27, 2008
  5. Viper

    chuckcar Guest

    "Viper" <> wrote in

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1
    > with all the updates installed. It has a MATSHITA DVDRWBD JU-110 ATA
    > Blue-Ray drive. It also has an HD screen. I also have Dell MediaDirect
    > 3.5 installed. When I go to play The Dark Knight ( Blue-Ray disk) I open
    > Dell MediaDirect and it will not play. It says that I should check for a
    > updates. I have downloaded the latest update and it still will not play.
    > It also will not play in Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player.
    > What do I need download to get this movie to work ? I have tried to find
    > Firmware for my DVDRW Blue-ray drive and have not found any thing.
    >
    > The Digital Copy of The Dark Knight that came with the movie, is that a
    > Blue-Ray CD and also in HD? The Movie Get Smart in Blue-Ray works just
    > fine in Dell MediaDirect.

    Take it back and say you can't play it. If enough people do this, the
    idiots will stop trying to copy protect what anyone can already download
    for free. I'm not saying copying movies is good, moral or legal, just that
    if no one can play a given legal copy, what's the point?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 27, 2008
  6. Viper

    chuckcar Guest

    Bill <> wrote in

    > In article <d3891$495539df$944ec48a$>, Viper7040
    > @starband.net says...
    >> I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    >> SP1 with all the updates installed. It has a MATSHITA DVDRWBD JU-110
    >> ATA Blue-Ray drive. It also has an HD screen. I also have Dell
    >> MediaDirect 3.5 installed. When I go to play The Dark Knight ( Blue-Ray
    >> disk) I open Dell MediaDirect and it will not play. It says that I
    >> should check for a updates. I have downloaded the latest update and it
    >> still will not play. It also will not play in Windows Media Center or
    >> Windows Media Player. What do I need download to get this movie to work
    >> ? I have tried to find Firmware for my DVDRW Blue-ray drive and have
    >> not found any thing.
    >>
    >> The Digital Copy of The Dark Knight that came with the movie, is that a
    >> Blue-Ray CD and also in HD? The Movie Get Smart in Blue-Ray works just
    >> fine in Dell MediaDirect.
    >>

    > What did Dell Support have to say? Hint: it may be the Dark Knight
    > disk for a number of reasons.

    I concur. When I did that, we had a list of DVD's that didn't work. There
    may have been a related fix. I *think* there was a technet article on it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 27, 2008