    upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do i or the
    person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available so he can
    play online?
    Andi, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Andi

    Buffalo Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    news:6EP3e.17052$...
    > I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
    > player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the serial
    > number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports must realise
    > that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling or if you
    > upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do i or the
    > person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available so he can
    > play online?

    Go to the game mgf's website and I believe you will find a way to 'unregister'
    it so that it can be registered again.
    Buffalo, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Andi

    nos1eep Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
    > player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
    > serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
    > must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
    > or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
    > i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
    > so he can play online?

    Or you can give him your username\password>

    nos1eep, Apr 3, 2005
  4. Andi

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
    > player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
    > serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
    > must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
    > or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
    > i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
    > so he can play online?

    there is a copyright issue involved...

    you don't own it, you are renting the right of use.
    the person you sold it to needs to pay the company the right to use that
    software you sold him.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Apr 3, 2005
  5. Andi

    Buffalo Guest

    "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message

    > "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > > I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
    > > player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
    > > serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
    > > must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
    > > or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
    > > i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
    > > so he can play online?

    > there is a copyright issue involved...
    >
    > you don't own it, you are renting the right of use.
    > the person you sold it to needs to pay the company the right to use that
    > software you sold him.
    >
    > -a|ex

    I really doubt that.
    Buffalo, Apr 4, 2005