    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best,

    JB
    JB, Apr 6, 2008

  2. JB

    Mikey Guest

    Not sure what one you are talking about, as you did not mention it, but the

    Philips DVP5960 - Multi-region capable DVD Player

    Is a great little player, and only £39.99 delivered from amazon.co.uk

    It plays everything I can throw at it, from DISC, USB Stick and external
    HDD.

    Also upscales.

    Hope this helps..

    Mike
    Mikey, Apr 6, 2008

  3. On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:47:18 -0700 (PDT), JB <> wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >I am contemplating about buying a DVD player and I want the player to
    >play downloaded films.
    >Could someone tell me whether this works fine with a USB stick? Quite
    >some DVD players offer the possibility to play from a USB stick, but I
    >am not sure whether it can play every format, in particular the
    >downloaded torrents.
    >
    >I look forward to hearing from you.
    >
    >Best,
    >

    >JB

    They are for digital pictures and MP3 playback. I do not think they
    play movie files off the stick.

    Oh, and "torrents" are little files that point to the actual file. The
    torrent itself does nothing. The downloaded file the torrent was for is
    what you need.
    Hattori Hanzo, Apr 6, 2008
  4. JB

    Mikey Guest

    The Phillips defiantly does play AVIs and DIVX movies from the USB
    drive/Memory.

    Just google the above player.

    Really Good reviews.

    Mike
    Mikey, Apr 7, 2008
  5. On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 23:11:52 GMT, "Mikey" <> wrote:

    >The Phillips defiantly does play AVIs and DIVX movies from the USB
    >drive/Memory.
    >
    >Just google the above player.
    >
    >Really Good reviews.
    >
    >Mike

    Cool. I have the HDMI out version.
    Hattori Hanzo, Apr 7, 2008
  6. JB

    Lyrik Guest

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 17:47:18 +0200, JB <> wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I am contemplating about buying a DVD player and I want the player to
    > play downloaded films.
    > Could someone tell me whether this works fine with a USB stick? Quite
    > some DVD players offer the possibility to play from a USB stick, but I
    > am not sure whether it can play every format, in particular the
    > downloaded torrents.
    >
    > I look forward to hearing from you.

    If You can afford it I recommend a Playstation 3 (Sony) It will play DivX
    and H.264 mp4 files over the USB port. It also upscales Your DVD's and
    plays Blu-Ray High Def.
    It further more plays DivX films in high definition over the usb. It has
    built in WiFi.

    Lyrik, Apr 7, 2008