player search...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Darrel Christenson, Apr 22, 2007.

  1. Yeah I never thought it would happen any time
    soon but I'm in the marker for a new player and
    after a bit of poking about can't seem to find
    something that does everything I want so I thought
    I solicit opinions...

    .... DO NOT care about jpeg, mp3, divx, wma,
    Kodak anything, picture cd anything...

    .... DO WANT dvd-video, dvd-svideo, dvd-r, dvd-r DL,
    dvd-rw, dvd+r, dvd+r DL, dvd+rw, dvd-ram, cd-r, cr-rw,
    dvd-audio, SACD, progressive scan over component video,
    digital coax sound...

    .... optional PAL playback, region free

    Only one that seemed to have it all was the Panasonic
    S77S which doesn't seem to be available and besides
    has that horrid silver finished - oh yeah, black
    finish please. :D

    Thoughts anyone? Remove "nospam" from the email to
    write me direct.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Apr 22, 2007

  2. Darrel Christenson

    def456 Guest

    Get a can of paint and spray it black!
    :)

    def456, Apr 22, 2007

  3. Darrel Christenson

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Darrel Christenson <> wrote:

    > ... DO NOT care about jpeg, mp3, divx, wma,
    > Kodak anything, picture cd anything...

    > ... DO WANT dvd-video, dvd-svideo, dvd-r, dvd-r DL,
    > dvd-rw, dvd+r, dvd+r DL, dvd+rw, dvd-ram, cd-r, cr-rw,
    > dvd-audio, SACD, progressive scan over component video,
    > digital coax sound...

    > ... optional PAL playback, region free

    > Only one that seemed to have it all was the Panasonic
    > S77S which doesn't seem to be available and besides
    > has that horrid silver finished - oh yeah, black
    > finish please. :D

    With the exception that it only comes in silver, the Oppo DV-971HD seems
    to be the player for you, though I don't think it supports DVD-RAM, DVD-R
    DL (but does support DVD+R DL, so...?) or DVD-SVideo (I've never heard of
    this one myself...)

    It supports component video (up to 1080i), coax audio (and optical for
    that matter), can play PAL discs (converts to NTSC internally if you want)
    and is region free (google 'oppo region free' for instructions.)

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98

    Doug Jacobs, Apr 23, 2007

  4. > With the exception that it only comes in silver, the Oppo DV-971HD seems
    > to be the player for you, though I don't think it supports DVD-RAM, DVD-R
    > DL (but does support DVD+R DL, so...?) or DVD-SVideo (I've never heard of
    > this one myself...)
    >
    > It supports component video (up to 1080i), coax audio (and optical for
    > that matter), can play PAL discs (converts to NTSC internally if you want)
    > and is region free (google 'oppo region free' for instructions.)

    Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out
    first chance I get.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Apr 24, 2007
  5. In article <KwKWh.4049$>,
    def456 <> wrote:
    >Get a can of paint and spray it black!
    >:)

    I believe the correct title of that song is "Paint it Black" :)

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Apr 26, 2007