    there anything I can do to fix it?

    Thanks,
    Rick
    Rick Baker, Dec 28, 2004

  2. >My Harman Karden DVD50 freezes while playing a movie. I did all the normal
    >stuff: made sure disk was clean and not scratched. So we have been watching
    >movies in another room that has a cheap Zenith dvd player. The Zenith is
    >doing the same thing, even on a new movie.
    >
    >I understand the cheap player may simply need replacing, but my $500 HK
    >should not be having these problems. So, how common is this problem and is
    >there anything I can do to fix it?

    What kind of freezing are we talking about?

    Is it freezing at random or does it freeze at one exact point for about one
    second with the DVD in question? - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 28, 2004

  3. Rick Baker

    Rick Baker Guest

    Random freezes that seem to increase in frequency as the movie progresses.
    The freeze will last about 2-3 seconds then continue playing.

    Rick

    Rick Baker, Dec 28, 2004
  4. >Random freezes that seem to increase in frequency as the movie progresses.
    >The freeze will last about 2-3 seconds then continue playing.

    Any particulars about the player's environments?

    Are they prone to dust?

    Have people been known to smoke in the same rooms the players are located?

    - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 30, 2004