    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jun 14, 2013

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Friday, June 14, 2013 5:27:26 AM UTC+1, RichA wrote:
    > http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

    That was fun, (1 minutes worth) you can get some pretty horrible colour scheme's pity there's no clear or transparent option.
    leopard print would be cool and dalmation, snake skin ...

    Whisky-dave, Jun 14, 2013
  4. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:27:26 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

    The only reason for having all those combinations is so that you can buy one
    in your school colors (to use at the next reunion, for example), and mine
    aren't there. :^(

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 15, 2013
  5. RichA

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:
    >http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

    If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
    sensor, that would mean:

    a) All of the Q series lenses will have different fields of view on this
    camera than they had on the earlier models of the same series

    b) Quality may suffer outside the very center of the image, if the lenses
    were designed with the 1/2.3" sensor in mind. Especially the Fisheye
    lens.

    c) Some pretty nice compact superzooms have been made with 1/2.3" sensors
    for some time now, with faster apertures than most of the lenses
    available for the Q-mount. The could do everything the earlier Q-mount
    models could do, except for the fisheye lens. What the heck was the
    point of this system?

    --
    Please reply to: |"We establish no religion in this country, we command
    pciszek at panix dot com | no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever.

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 18, 2013
  6. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:15:18 AM UTC+1, Paul Ciszek wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

    > If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
    >
    > sensor, that would mean:

    It has little effect on the colour combinations. :)
    as if sensor size is important !!!!

    Whisky-dave, Jun 18, 2013
  7. RichA

    otter Guest

    otter, Jun 18, 2013
  8. RichA

    Me Guest

    Me, Jun 21, 2013
  9. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:15:18 AM UTC-4, Paul Ciszek wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

    > If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
    >
    > sensor, that would mean:
    >

    > a) All of the Q series lenses will have different fields of view on this
    >
    > camera than they had on the earlier models of the same series
    >

    > b) Quality may suffer outside the very center of the image, if the lenses
    >
    > were designed with the 1/2.3" sensor in mind. Especially the Fisheye
    >
    > lens.
    >

    > c) Some pretty nice compact superzooms have been made with 1/2.3" sensors
    >
    > for some time now, with faster apertures than most of the lenses
    >
    > available for the Q-mount. The could do everything the earlier Q-mount
    >
    > models could do, except for the fisheye lens. What the heck was the
    >
    > point of this system?

    Novelty?

    RichA, Jun 21, 2013