    Hi guys another question, if i ordered over the £18 mark with play do i get
    charged customs or do play usa deliver from local

    dave
    Dragon, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Dragon wrote:
    > Hi guys another question, if i ordered over the £18 mark with play do
    > i get charged customs or do play usa deliver from local

    Is that one question or two? :)

    There's a difference between play.com and playusa. As far as I know, playusa
    titles come from USA or Canada, so you could well be charged customs.
    Play.com titles ship from Jersey so won't be liable for vat, etc.

    -Kevin.

    --
    Reply to:
    Gunther Gloop, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    cheers

    Dragon, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Dragon

    David Z Guest

    > Dragon wrote:
    >> Hi guys another question, if i ordered over the £18 mark with play do
    >> i get charged customs or do play usa deliver from local
    >>

    > Is that one question or two? :)
    >
    > There's a difference between play.com and playusa. As far as I know,
    > playusa titles come from USA or Canada, so you could well be charged
    > customs. Play.com titles ship from Jersey so won't be liable for vat, etc.

    If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why don't
    they sell region 1?
    David Z, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Dragon

    luminos Guest

    "David Z" <> wrote in message
    > "Gunther Gloop" <> wrote in message
    >> Dragon wrote:
    >>> Hi guys another question, if i ordered over the £18 mark with play do
    >>> i get charged customs or do play usa deliver from local
    >>>

    >> Is that one question or two? :)
    >>
    >> There's a difference between play.com and playusa. As far as I know,
    >> playusa titles come from USA or Canada, so you could well be charged
    >> customs. Play.com titles ship from Jersey so won't be liable for vat,
    >> etc.

    > If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why
    > don't they sell region 1?

    For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.
    luminos, Dec 25, 2004
  6. Dragon

    McCready Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "David Z" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gunther Gloop" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Is that one question or two? :)
    >>>
    >>> There's a difference between play.com and playusa. As far as I know,
    >>> playusa titles come from USA or Canada, so you could well be charged
    >>> customs. Play.com titles ship from Jersey so won't be liable for vat,
    >>> etc.

    >> If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why
    >> don't they sell region 1?
    >>

    > For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.

    LOL
    McCready, Dec 25, 2004
  7. Dragon

    David Z Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "David Z" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gunther Gloop" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Is that one question or two? :)
    >>>
    >>> There's a difference between play.com and playusa. As far as I know,
    >>> playusa titles come from USA or Canada, so you could well be charged
    >>> customs. Play.com titles ship from Jersey so won't be liable for vat,
    >>> etc.

    >> If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why
    >> don't they sell region 1?
    >>

    > For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.

    Oh really? :( So there's no mob in Jersey then? No ghetto slums?
    David Z, Dec 25, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "David Z" <> wrote in message
    > "luminos" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "David Z" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Gunther Gloop" <> wrote in message

    >>> If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why
    >>> don't they sell region 1?
    >>>

    >> For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.

    > Oh really? :( So there's no mob in Jersey then? No ghetto slums?

    eh???
    Nath, Dec 25, 2004
  9. "David Z" <> wrote in message
    > "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "David Z" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Gunther Gloop" <> wrote in message

    > >> If they're based in Jersey then why aren't their prices in USD and why
    > >> don't they sell region 1?
    > >>

    > > For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.

    > Oh really? :( So there's no mob in Jersey then? No ghetto slums?

    The murder rate in Jersey is pretty high though, Bergerac (sp??) had at
    least one murder a week
    Electric Frog, Dec 26, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "Electric Frog" <> wrote in message

    > "David Z" <> wrote in message
    >> "luminos" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "David Z" <> wrote in message

    >> > For these people, Jersey is not New Jersey, US.

    >> Oh really? :( So there's no mob in Jersey then? No ghetto slums?
    >>

    > The murder rate in Jersey is pretty high though, Bergerac (sp??) had at
    > least one murder a week

    Now he's moved to Hampshire (Midsomer) its even higher in those little
    country villages.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com